While my wild and crazy days may be well behind me, my life with two kids includes some wild and crazy moments of its own. Albeit, a very different rated G kind of wild and crazy. Most recently, I’ve been finding myself mentally transporting to a place of “calm” when things are at their most hectic. Usually, this calm involves flashbacks of a recent child-free vacation to Mexico: beach, sand, cocktail(s), good food, good company and PEACE. So today, I’m taking it one step further and physically bringing some “Mexico Love” into my day.
I’m feeling muy bueno already.
WHAT I’M WEARING:
1) Long Printed Dress (zara.com)
2) Studded Leather Belt (jcrew.com)
3) TKEES Flip Flops (otteny.com)
4) Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote (shopbop.com)
5) Ivory Horn Pendant Necklace (lordandtaylor.com)
WHAT I’M EATING:
Tomato & Watermelon Salad (via epicurious.com)
WHAT I’M DRINKING:
Simple Peach Margarita
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps
- 1/2 C peach nectar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 tsp lime zest
- pinch of chili powder
- Run a small piece of lime around the edge of your glass, then dip the glass into the sugar/lime/chili mix
- Add all ingredients into cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously for 10-15 sec
- Pour into rimmed glass and serve!
WHAT I’M LISTENING TO:
Ambient lounge/poolside music… TRUST ME!
Where is YOUR mental retreat?