Feeling fresh and well rested? Well, good thing because I have lots of good stuff for you today. My holiday weekend was a blur of entertaining two children (which clearly requires way more effort and patience than I generally have!), casual dinners/barbecues, and lots of lazy mornings. Oh, and a few intense workouts to counterbalance the lazy mornings and food/drinks! If you guys have not tried TRX, I HIGHLY recommend it. It’s a crazy strength training technique involving handles and straps suspended from the ceiling. Sounds way more “risque” than it is… It. Kicked. My. Butt.
Now, back to business. I love meeting and speaking with people who follow the blog, and I had the opportunity to do just that this weekend. I always seem to get the nicest, encouraging words and great ideas from you guys! So thank YOU. One of the things that came up during a conversation was that as we age, it becomes harder and harder to interpret fashion trends in an appropriate way. While I try my best to create posts that appeal to the “every-woman,” I totally understand that some of the age groups may feel a little left out. So, this post is for YOU!
Today, I’d like to break down one of my favorite trends for this fall- MOD. Think tall boots, shift dresses, bold colors and graphic patterns. We’re breaking away from my beloved full-midi skirt and heading into 1960’s-mini territory! Now, don’t get all flustered about showing off those gorgeous gams. Keep reading for styling tips on how to pull off this on-trend look at any age.
- 20’s: You’re young. You’re cool. You can essentially pull off most any trend in the most literal way. I hate you. Ok, I’m overreacting a little bit, but girl, you’ve got the best of the fashion world in the palm of your hand- USE IT.
- 30’s: You’ve matured a bit since breakin’ the 30 mark. There may be a child (or 2, or 3…) in your life. Life is not all sequins and sparkles anymore, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have fun with your personal style. Though perhaps slightly more modest fun, OK?
- 40’s: You’re a sophisticated woman who knows what she wants. Comfort is probably higher up on that list. Comfort doesn’t need to mean frump when it’s done correctly. Easy silhouettes and soft textiles make all of the difference.
- 50’s: You’ve lived it, you’ve seen it, and you loved it. Now it’s time to show everyone what you’re made of. How about some structured separates in sophisticated tones that highlight your assets and make you shine?
- 60’s: Fashion trends are as much for you as they are for those “girls” in their 20’s! Stick to well-cut pieces and classic colors that are timeless- just like YOU! Go ahead, and don’t be afraid to show those youngin’s how it’s done!
How will YOU be wearing mod this fall?