Have you guys ever shopped at ModCloth? Its an exclusively-online retailer that has such a unique business model and philosophy. The best way to describe it is a “Democracy of Fashion.” You’re probably asking,”What does THAT mean?!” Well, it means that it’s a company devoted to its clientele, allowing them to dictate the buying choices, the styles carried and even the designs themselves. It also means that whether you’re a size 0 or plus-size, retro-hipster, or corporate professional, chances are you’re going to find that perfect something to complement your personal style- at a great price.
Now, let’s get back to style. When ModCloth reached out and asked me to participate in their “Uniquely You” campaign, I was totally excited for a good fashion challenge. Since we’re in a full-blown transitional season, I thought I would give you guys an easy way to get a few more wears out of those fun dresses that are so flattering and easy to throw on. The perfect choice for those mornings when you just NEED to get that one extra alarm snooze in! Trust me, those extra 7 minutes of R.E.M. bliss make a world of difference. So does all of the coffee.
Here’s how it goes down:
1) Alarm goes off. Curse, roll over and slam the snooze button immediately.
2) Roll out of bed 7 minutes later with eyes half shut and hair a hot mess.
3) Shower and try to wrestle hair into somewhat presentable form.
4) Take favorite go-to summer dress and add a few strategic layers.
5) Cinch it all up with a belt – because we don’t have to sacrifice our waistline for cozy warmth.
6) Throw on some fall inspired accessories (ummm, I may be obsessed with hats lately?!) and you’re ready to go.
What’s YOUR favorite transitional style that’s “Uniquely You”?