Can you believe it’s been a year since the last edition of Bathing Suits That Won’t Give You Wonky Tan Lines? (You can catch up on last year’s post HERE!) Oh geez, time flies. While 12 calendar months may have come and gone, some things pretty much stay the same:
- It was a very long and cold winter.
- My body has never been a whiter shade of pale.
- I could use a vacation… 2 more weeks!
- All of the bathing suits on the market seem to be held together (and up) by a delicate balance of strings, mesh and a prayer.
Bathing suit shopping, no matter how fit you are, is never a fun process. It exposes (literally) all of your body insecurities and reminds you in the most hostile of ways that, “Girlfriend, you’re just not 18 any more!” Unless you’re reading this and you are in fact, 18. In that case, you’re all good and I kind of hate you right now. I mean that only in the nicest of ways.
So back to bathing suits…
While last year I focused solely on one-piece wonders, I thought it could be helpful to present some two-piece/bikini selections as well. It’s your prerogative (…it’s the way you wanna live. -Bobby Brown) to pick whatever style you feel most comfortable in. Whether one or two pieces, all of the bathing suit options below are bound to keep you looking your best in the sun and surf.
First, the bikini separates:
Now, onto the one-piece favorites:
Lastly, a few words of advice before trying on any swimsuit:
1. Put on makeup. Dressing room lighting is horrendous. A little bit of blush goes a long way under fluorescent lights.
2. Shave/wax your legs. There is nothing worse than feeling like a wildebeest when you are trying to look like Gisele’s long lost (younger) sister.
3. Try a little self-tanner. What you can’t tone, tan.
4. Love yourself, imperfections and all!
(header image via)