1. Not sure Bethenny Frankel (of Real Housewives/Skinny Girl fame) is someone I’d ever take relationship advice from, but I do love the way she’s not afraid to lay it all out there. THIS INTERVIEW is just a small glimpse into what we can expect from her latest book: I Suck at Relationships So You Don’t Have To: 10 Rules for Not Screwing Up Your Happily Ever After. (refinery29.com)
2. Trial and error has taught me many things over the years… including the fact that my thick, wavy hair is NOT an ideal candidate for a pixie cut. Don’t ask… It was 1999 and many bad decisions were being made. Regardless, I still think a great short hairstyle on the right hair can be so utterly chic. Take these 20 INSPIRING SHORT HAIRSTYLES, for example. (lefashionimage.blogspot.com)
3. I just might be slightly obsessed with grapefruit. Now throw some alcohol into the mix and I’m totally hooked. GRAPEFRUIT THYME COCKTAIL? Yes, please. (shutterbean.com)
4. Furniture placement in a room can be one of the trickiest parts of interior design. Have you guys ever considered placing a couch in front of a bookshelf?! Based on these gorgeous images of LIVING ROOM LAYOUT IDEAS, clearly we should. (apartmenttherapy.com)
5. Pop quiz: You’re making a pan of crispy roasted fingerling potatoes. Which pan do you use? Your glass vs. metal cheat sheet with all of the crucial kitchen answers can be found HERE. (thekitchn.com)
6. Finding a balance between looking current with today’s trends and maintaining a truly timeless style is a daily battle most of us face. J.Crew’s head stylist offers up her BEST ADVICE FOR MASTERING THE FINE ART OF TIMELESS PERSONAL STYLE. (whowhatwear.com)
7. On the topic of timeless style, over the last 10 years I’ve amassed what I like to think is a timeless collection of shoes. The one missing piece to my shoe wardrobe is a classic, nude, patent, single-sole pump. It’s like the shoe equivalent of your fanciest, sexiest, sheer lace bra. I think I’ve finally decided on my next big shoe splurge! Let me introduce you to my good friend, KATE. She’s a beauty, isn’t she? You can find Kate’s long lost (and much more affordable) sisters HERE and HERE.
So how are you guys doing?
My daffodils and crocuses are in bloom and now it finally feels like spring has arrived! Which obviously makes me happy. The next few weeks ahead are chock full of clients, projects, travel and events and the warm weather and sunshine somehow give me that little push I need to get sh!t done… when all of the coffee isn’t quite cutting it. Kind of like now.
On a side parenting-related note, tonight is my 6 year-old son’s mother-son dance. While originally I was kind of bummed to have to dress up and go out after a long, exhausting week, the enthusiasm and unbridled excitement my son has for our big “date-night” is just so heartwarming. He was practicing his dance moves last night and told me that I should work on mine before the big party. I know it will be only a short while from now that the adolescent angst will kick in and my little guy will be far from excited to spend a night with his mama, so I’ve changed my perspective and am really looking forward to having this special time together. I’m not sure he’ll remember this night years from now, but I definitely know I will… and now I’m crying into my coffee.
Hope you make some wonderful memories this weekend, too.