1. No matter how active we think we are if we have a desk job, chances we spend way more time slouched behind a screen than we should — enter ACTIVE SITTING. Find out what it is and why we should all be doing it! (fitsugar.com)
2. In the age of the selfie, critiquing our photos (and others’!) has pretty much become the norm… but did you know there is a SCIENCE BEHIND WHY WE HATE HOW WE LOOK IN PHOTOGRAPHS?! (popsugar.com)
3. File this in the category of “too little too late” for me, but for those of you with young infants, pregnant or even planning to have children one day — I present to you the THE HOLD (a.k.a. the amazing, mind-blowing way to calm a crying infant!) (youtube.com)
4. Sometimes when you need a little personal pick-me up (or just an inspiring graphic) there is nothing better than these 10 MOST INSPIRING QUOTES OF ALL TIME collected from across the blogosphere! (bloglovin.com)
5. I think I found the perfect (out of the ordinary) festive dinner party meal for your next holiday soiree: BROWN BUTTER SCALLOPS WITH PARMESAN RISOTTO. Pop some bubbly, and get the gastronomical party started! (pinchofyum.com)
6. Just in case you might happen to burn yourself making the delicious meal above (see #5!), here are 6 HOME BURN REMEDIES to ease the pain. (hellonatural.co)
7. So how did you guys fare on Cyber Monday? I’ve had a steady stream of UPS shipments all week long, and some very nosy children. In case you still have a few more people to cross off your list, I’ve been really impressed with H&M’s HOME COLLECTION! Kind of under the radar and not available in all stores, there are lots of great buys — one for you, two for me, right?
Here are just a few of my favorites:
HIS & HER TOOTHBRUSH HOLDERS, ORGANIC COTTON PILLOW COVERS (under $6!!!), BOTTLE CORKS (how cute would this be gifted with a nice bottle of wine?), a simple GOLD + GLASS BOX (to be filled with candy, candles, etc.), or a GRAPHIC THROW BLANKET in the prettiest shades of pink.
I’ll be honest, this week was no joke. It kicked my butt.
Getting acclimated back to a regular schedule post-Thanksgiving coupled with holiday travel was a challenge! Many cups of coffee and early bedtimes later, I think I’m back. Good thing, too — this Sunday, December 6th is the ROCKY RIVER DESIGNER HOLIDAY HOUSE TOUR and my holiday elves and I need to get some serious work done. The house is coming along nicely and I’m really looking forward to getting the greenery, fresh floral arrangements and finishing touches up and ready for the crowds. While yesterday’s HAUTE HOLIDAY HOME was all about the sparkle and bling, you’ll have to wait and see what I’ve got up my sleeve for this year’s holiday house!
Expect the unexpected.