Every now and again, I get an e-mail or blog comment asking about my hair care routine and products. It’s always a good day when that happens because honestly, I stink at hair… and I’m lazy… but mostly I stink at hair.
Any good hair days can be attributed to a few key products, easy styling techniques picked up from You Tube tutorials (THIS ONE is my favorite for a textured lob like mine) and a great cut.
Today’s post is all about the hair care tools and products that I use on the reg… my go-tos.
• L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Color-Care System — After years of going cheap on shampoo and conditioner, I discovered this really reasonably priced (like under $7 each!) product line from L’Oreal. Originally, I was looking for a sulfate-free formula that wouldn’t strip my hair of its natural oils — but hey, I’ll take some color protection! Take that, grey. My hair has never felt softer.
• Salon Care Alligator Clips — Great for sectioning while heat styling, or just throwing your hair back without those annoying creases or dents. One of those inexpensive beauty supply purchases that once you have, you can’t imagine going without!
• Chi Flat Iron — I’m not even going to divulge how long I’ve been using this iron. It’s the true OG. It still gives me the best and longest lasting waves.
• Davines Oi Absolute Beautifying Potion — I’m on year #3 of being an Oi devotee. Just one pump of this oil formula smoothes out frizz and/or protects my hair during heat styling.
• Davines This Is An Invisible No Gas Spray — One of the only hair sprays I’ve found that doesn’t leave my hair sticky, stiff or looking like a beauty pageant bouffant. The superfine mist gives even, light coverage with medium hold.
• Sachajuan Ocean Mist — When it comes to creating “lived in” texture on clean hair, nothing beats this spray. It’s the closest thing to beach hair I’ve been able to replicate and small, random fact… it’s a product used on J.Crew models both in print catalogs, as well as runway!
• Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream — This product gives me just the right amount of soft hold with the perfect halo of shine. This keeps my tousled lob from going too messy and gives a smooth blowout shiny bounce!
• Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray — With my workout schedule, I try to keep the hair washing to only 2-3x a week. In between washes, this dry shampoo spray works wonders, smells divine and leaves no white residue.
If you’ve used any of these goodies or decide to give them a try, I’d love to know what you think!