Good morning, Friday sleepy heads!
Speaking of sleep… I could probably use a few more hours. My wake up call came at 3:30am for a obscenely early 5:42am flight — I didn’t even realize that planes could depart that early?! I’m off to Dallas for the CREATE & CULTIVATE conference, some serious networking and hopefully some fun, too. It’s been a challenging week for me in the work-life balance department and I’m hoping I can regroup over the next few days and get inspired, motivated and better prepared to tackle whatever lies ahead.
So, in that vain… here’s all the good stuff that’s been filling my internet browser this week:
What I’m Reading
• While in flight this morning I will definitely be passing on any airplane coffee after reading THIS. No, thank you. (huffpost.com)
• Finally! BARBIE IS GETTING A MAJOR MAKEOVER and joining the world of normal body types and realistic proportions! (buzzfeed.com)
• Paris Couture Week just wrapped up and in my opinion the amazing PARIS STREET STYLE might have even outdone the supermodel runway spectacle in the #goals department. (nymag.com)
What I’m Making
• I’m a sucker for braised short ribs of any variety, but these EASY SLOW COOKER KOREAN SHORT RIBS have me especially excited for the next cold, winter, weekend night at home. (browneyedbaker.com)
• Packing lunches is a chore that I do not enjoy… especially after a long day. These fresh and healthy PACKED LUNCH IDEAS are just the thing to reignite that lunch packin’ spark! (homewithher.com)
What I’m Buying
• We’ve probably all justified a luxury purchase by saying it was an investment, but THESE HANDBAGS really are. Really. (fashionista.com)
• From luxury handbags, to those a little more gentle on our bank accounts… One of my favorite women’s contemporary brands, VINCE recently released a line of handbags that fit into my favorite accessory category: “Looks Way More Expensive Than It Is.” The simple lines and supple leathers are hard to resist — see for yourself:
• I love this CROSSBODY BAG in a rich saddle color.
• If you’re looking for a minimalist type bag, this black CROC EMBOSSED TOTE is gorgeous! (The COLORBLOCK version is to die for, too…)
• There is just something so fresh about a white handbag… like this MODERN V SADDLE BAG in pearl.
Wishing you all a great weekend ahead!
See you back here bright and early on Monday.