Good morning and a big, fat “Fri-YAY!” to you.
I’ve been having some major sleep issues over here… I wake up between 1 am and 3 am and then can’t get back into a restful sleep. This girl needs her solid 8 hours and this whole broken sleep business is cramping my style. I’ve gotten into the habit of using an iPhone as my alarm clock and I have a hunch that a technology overload may be the cause of my sleep woes. It might be time to ditch the phone for an old-school alarm clock and see if a self-prescribed mobile detox is the remedy.
While I’m up at night, these are just some of the things that are on my mind…
What I’m Reading:
• If you’re a family photography fan, I loved THESE UNIQUE ART IDEAS for getting those amazing family snapshots off of your computer and onto your walls! (littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com)
• A well made bed is an art form. However, putting on a duvet is a full body workout. Apparently, we’ve been doing it all wrong — here’s a BED MAKING HACK for you to bookmark immediately! (youtube.com)
• Essie nail polishes have been a go-to in my manicure repertoire for ages… yet, I still can’t figure out what colors I should be using. Here is your ESSIE COLOR CHEAT SHEET FOR EVERY SKIN TONE! (refinery29.com)
What I’m Making:
• For those of you observing Lent — here’s tonight’s dinner and the SPICY FISH TACO BOWL of your dreams. Insert all of the heart-eyed emojis here! (pinchofyum.com)
• I can’t decide if this CLOUD BREAD thing is amazing or straight up weird. Thoughts? (redbookmag.com)
What I’m Buying:
• Combine Olivia Palermo’s fashion sense and NORDSTROM‘s in house line, CHELSEA28 and what do you get!? Reasonably priced perfection in the form of a spring wardrobe. See the whole collection HERE. (Pssst — Nordstrom just started running their WINTER CLEARANCE SALE now through Feb 21st!)
• Dressing up for Valentine’s Day is definitely not my thing… unless it involves shoes. Well, in that case I can certainly make an exception. M.GEMI recently released some new Valentine’s Day ready shoe designs that will make you (and your Valentine) swoon!
• I am a newly converted member of the kitten heel fan club — especially when it means I can wear beauties like THESE.
• If you’re more of a flats kind of gal, get your sexy on with THESE! In hot pink (‘raspberry’ is the official color name), no less.
• For all out sexy glam, nothing beats a pair of high heeled strappy sandals like THESE.
For those of you enjoying a long holiday weekend — special shout out to our Presidents! — have a good one. I’ll be spending as much time as possible indoors and avoiding the polar blast outside.
Stay warm friends!