It snowed last night.
Welcome to March in Cleveland– where one day it’s sunny and in the 60’s and the next it’s 20 degrees and snowing. It’s very confusing and even after 4+ years of living in this city, I still don’t get it. I’m not dwelling too much on bi-polar Mother Nature because it’s Friday and I’ve got big weekend plans in store with family in town and a little special someone’s “5th Birthday Glamour Party.” There is a full on glam squad and red carpet involved — and red carpet interviews.
Serious birthday girl business.
Now, let’s get to OUR serious business — the best links of the week!
What I’m Reading:
• This funny RECAP OF A TYPICAL GIRLIE WEEKEND made me chuckle and miss my girls! Ladies — when is our next trip!?! (buzzfeed.com)
• Jen Atkin is the hair guru to the stars… and the Kardashians (they get their own separate category). Her BARBIE DOLL HAIR MAKEOVER is pretty spectacular and makes me want to grow my hair long! (byrdie.com)
• Love the look of white marble, but hesitant about the upkeep and maintenance? Here are 6 GREAT ALTERNATIVES TO CARRARA MARBLE to check out! (cityfarmhouse.com)
• With spring right around the corner, all of those winter sweaters and knits might need a good refresh before storing them away. Here’s the LAZY GIRL’S GUIDE TO CARING FOR KNITS!
What I’m Making:
• For those of you with a birthday party coming up or just love beautiful and salty/sweet snacks, this easy BIRTHDAY CAKE POPCORN is a MUST! How cute?! (abeautifulmess.com)
• If you’ve ever cooked for a large group, this LEMON ROASTED SALMON POTATOES AND PARMESAN ASPARAGUS just might be the perfect spring meal. HELLO??! ONE PAN!! (halfbakedharvest.com)
What I’m Buying:
• While in Dublin, I got reacquainted with a brand called WHISTLES in the form of a stunning NAVY BLUE DRESS that I can’t wait to wear! Each piece from their Spring collection was better than the last. As soon as I got home, I started looking into tracking down the collection stateside. The good news: SHOPBOP (which is running their SPRING SALE) and a few other major department stores + retailers carry the brand!
Here are just a few of my favorite pieces:
• Love, love, love their MOTORCYCLE JACKETS — they were so supple!
• Wear the motorcycle jacket on top of this NAVY CHECK BELTED DRESS (currently on SALE!)
• This burgundy leather SADDLE BAG is such a great price for the quality.
Have a fantastic weekend!