Happy Friday, friends!
After a pretty busy week, this weekend is shaping up to be strangely low key and uneventful — which is generally how the best weekends start off, dont’cha think? Best of all, the forecast is for weather in the 60’s and sunshine!!
Dare I say it… it just might be bare leg weather!? The fashion nerd in me is rejoicing because a whole level of outfit potential has just been unlocked — kind of like a video game. I’ve had skirts and dresses hibernating since last summer that I can’t wait to insert back into the daily rotation.
While I’m busy mentally reorganizing my closet, here are a few links for your perusal that caught my eye this week…
What I’m Reading:
• THIS is what happens when you eat like Gwyneth… you just might need a few extra breath mints! (elle.com)
• Some of the Sex & The City boyfriends may not have lasted very long, but their acting careers have — see WHERE THEY ARE NOW! (harpersbazaar.com)
• As we enter into sandal season there is no better time for this simple BLISTER PREVENTION HACK. Your feet will thank you. (brit.co)
What I’m Making:
• Here’s an easy one-pan dish to make next time your craving Indian food: SHEET PAN CHICKEN TIKKA! (smittenkitchen.com)
• Going out to eat for Mother’s Day brunch is signing yourself up for crowded, overpriced chaos. Why not stay in and try one of these MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH RECIPES instead? (the-girl-who-ate-everything.com)
What I’m Buying:
• If you’ve had a fear of commitment when it comes to wallpaper, this link is for you! Here are 63 TEMPORARY WALLPAPERS that are perfect for a long-term (or short-term!) relationship. (stylebyemilyhenderson.com)
• I’ve had a few people ask about the TIE-WAIST SHIRTDRESS in the image above… Can you believe it’s from FOREVER 21 (and on sale for $15)?! I’ve worn it layered over denim, but I can’t wait to style it bare legged with sandals this summer! It’s a bit sheer, so be prepared to layer it over a nude slip if you’re going to wear it on its own.
Some of the other pieces I’ve picked up recently include:
• A really soft HOODED SWEATSHIRT.
• This TIE NECK PEASANT DRESS which I wore as a pool/beach coverup, but would be fantastic as a casual dress with a pair of fun sandals.
Have a happy, relaxed and fun filled weekend!