As much as I love to travel, sinking into the comfort of your own bed is always the best feeling.
Which is exactly what I did on Wednesday night.
I then proceeded to sleep 9 consecutive hours without physically moving. Yes, I totally woke up in the exact position I fell asleep in! Yesterday, was all about getting our lives back in order (bills, registrations, grocery store, unpacking…) — although that process was rudely interrupted by Mother Nature and her barrage of thunderstorms and 60 mph winds which proceeded to knock out power for 4+ hours.
And today?! Well, all is calm. For now…
While things seem to still be under control, it’s the perfect time to catch up on this week’s Friday Link Love best internet reads and finds!
Right this way please…
What I’m Reading:
• Save your cash for a rainy day (or a new handbag) and consider this BROKE GIRLS GUIDE TO BEAUTY next time you head to the drug store! Everything is UNDER $5!
• With back-to-school in the air, these INNOVATIVE FOOD STORAGE PRODUCTS pack a punch… and a mean lunch!
• If you hate those annoying stretch marks, you must read this tell-all REVIEW OF 5 STRETCH MARK TREATMENTS!
• I’m generally not into gimmicky cleanses, but MIAMI’S BEST KEPT SECRET might be one I would be willing to try. Relaxing massages? Work outs? Gourmet meals and poolside relaxation? Don’t twist my arm.
What I’m Making:
• If you’re planning on hosting a Labor Day soiree, add these SKEWERED BURGER BITES to the menu and invite me!
• End of summer means stone fruit galore — bring on the peaches! I’ve bookmarked this FRESH PEACH COBBLER for our next Sunday dinner. (P.S. Don’t forget the ice cream!)
What I’m Buying:
• As I shop for clients (and myself) I come across a few items that as soon as I spot them, I can tell they are guaranteed to sell out — THIS TOPSHOP DRESS is one of them.
In case you DO miss this deal of a dress — here are a few more TOPSHOP standouts for early fall:
• This TULLE MAXI DRESS would be perfect for a fall wedding — it’s stunning.
• This is a cute office-to-drinks kind of SHIRT DRESS!
• How chic are these (under $60) LOAFERS!?
• This RUFFLE WRAP BODYSUIT is the prettiest shade of peacock blue and would look fantastic with Fall’s rich camels!
Sadly, it’s time to bid adieu. I’ve got 2 suitcases full of clothes to unpack calling my name…ugh.
Have a great weekend kids — see you back here on Monday!