These chilly, October days are some of my favorites. We’ve truly lucked out this year — the fall has been especially mild and beautiful. Not to mention, sleeping with windows open is the best. I always sleep better — not quite sure why?
Even if my sleeping with the windows open days are numbered, there is still a lot to look forward to this weekend: a Lake Erie Monsters hockey game with the kids tonight, an intensely competitive Chili Cook-Off party tomorrow, the Cleveland Indians in the play-offs and a few weeks of weekend relaxation before the next round of sports games (hello, basketball season!) and practices kick in.
In the spirit of the fall, I’ve rounded up some fall themed Friday Link Love reads and finds for you — hope you enjoy!
What I’m Reading:
• Long hair ladies, prepare to have your mind blown. This insanely quick tutorial is probably THE EASIEST BRAIDED UPDO you’ll ever find and perfect for those holiday events coming up!
• We’ve all had to bid farewell to shirts because of those unfortunate, yellow, underarm discolorations. Before you pitch your favorite layering tee, read this to GET RID OF YOUR UNDERARM STAINS IN 20 SECONDS FLAT. #savetheshirt
• If you’re looking for Fall kitchen inspiration, you need to check out THE CHICEST MARBLE KITCHENS ON INSTAGRAM!
• Money is somewhat of a taboo subject, but it’s important for kids to understand what it is, where it comes from and what you do with it (responsibly). Here are 7 REALISTIC TIPS FOR A MONEY CONSCIOUS CHILD to get that conversation started.
What I’m Making:
• All of my favorite fall salads require some sort of vinaigrette dressing. Here’s a CHEAT SHEET FOR THE PERFECT DRESSING no matter what type of salad is on your menu!
• One of my favorite restaurants in NYC is a tiny, East Village gem called PRUNE. Gabrielle Hamilton, the chef, is a master at coaxing flavors out of unexpected ingredients. Here is her recipe for CIDER BRAISED CHICKEN – it sounds absolutely divine.
What I’m Buying:
• Ok, so remember when I mentioned that SHOPBOP’S SALE was worth checking out?! Well, now I really mean it — use code: MAINEVENT16 to get 25% off all orders under $500, and 30% off orders of $500+. Oh, and guess what!? This sale applies to already discounted merchandise AND most designer brands, too!
· I am currently swooning over these LEOPARD PRINT MULES!
· This LONG SLEEVE BLOUSE is all business in the front, but a party in the back!
· Speaking of statement shirts, this ONE SHOULDER TOP is the makings of a fun night out.
· I love this 2-FOR-1 COMBO — a knit vest and blue striped shirt in one. Knit vests are forecasted to be a huge trend this spring, so this piece is definitely a keeper!
· The color of this SILK DRESS is simply stunning.