Are you guys dressing up this year?
I’m taking a pass and focusing my creative efforts on my kids. One is going as Jason Kipnis, his favorite Cleveland Indians baseball player (GO TRIBE!) and the other has requested a cheerleader look, pom-poms and all. This is the 5th consecutive year that I was able to steer the duo towards coordinating costumes. A parental win, if I say so myself. Some of my previous handiwork has included Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad (Ware)Wolf, a slice of pizza and a cupcake, Captain Hook and Izzy (a girl pirate!)… you get the idea!
I realized this morning that this may be one of the last seasons where I’ll have executive control over what they wear. Both are getting older and have opinions and ideas of their own, so I’m relishing in my last Halloween hurrah.
Now, for this week’s Link Love finds!
What I’m Reading:
• I saw THIS in my local Starbucks yesterday morning and I’ve got to say, I was momentarily tempted.
• If you’re looking for some last minute family Halloween costume ideas, LOOK NO FURTHER.
• Girls, who’s down for a WEEKEND IN PALM SPRINGS with me? Let’s go.
• I recently helped a client pick out some finishes, fixtures and accessories for her kitchen renovation and I was really impressed by all of the BEAUTIFUL HIGH-END OPTIONS FOUND AT THE HARDWARE STORE!
What I’m Making:
• I’m still new to the slow cooker game, but this SLOW COOKER THAI PEANUT CHICKEN WITH PURPLE RICE is exactly what I need this weekend.
• This so-dark-it’s-almost-black CHOCOLATE BUNT CAKE is somewhat of a legend online and gets amazing reviews. Pop on some candy eyes and a pool of raspberry sauce (a.k.a. blood) and you have yourself the perfect Halloween dessert.
What I’m Buying:
• I realized that it’s been a little while since we did a deep dive into FOREVER 21 — the super affordable, super overwhelming contemporary store we love-to-hate and hate-to-love. Check out these high style finds that no one would ever guess came from FOREVER 21:
· The satin bomber gets an update with this OVERSIZED SILHOUETTE. The blue/grey color is to die for!
· If something a bit more conservative is your thing, you need to check out this WOOL BLEND OVERCOAT. Can you believe it’s under $60?
· Layer this SUEDE SHIFT DRESS over a pair of skinny jeans and a tissue turtleneck for a high end fall look. (Make sure to size up — the style runs on the smaller side!)
· This FRAYED MIDI SKIRT gives off a very Isabel Marant vibe… which I’m all about!
Have a happy + safe Halloween!