All of those highly controversial topics that tend to make us uncomfortable — race, religion, women’s rights, fiscal policy, climate change, global trade + relations, etc. have been collectively brought to the surface. Now it’s up to us to determine if these will be the issues that continue to divide, or the issues that bring us together to create a better future for our next generation.
Unfortunately, we can’t tell people how to feel (or subsequently act) — but we can treat those around us with kindness and compassion. So that’s what I’m going to do and continue to teach my children to do. Let’s make an effort to lessen the focus, frustration and anger on the past and live our best lives in present in hopes of creating an environment for positive change.
There you go. That’s all I have to say about that.
Now, we can return to the light, fun, fashion and lifestyle-focused ‘Friday Link Love’ distractions I know we’ve all been craving desperately… kind of like the APPLE GALETTE I just housed.
What I’m Reading:
• Cult favorite, luxury, beauty products, meet your DRUGSTORE MATCH.
• This UNDER $1000 MASTER BATHROOM MAKEOVER literally blew my mind.
• Are you hosting any houseguests this holiday season? If so, here are SMALL THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THEM FEEL WELCOME.
• If you’re not hosting but traveling instead, make sure to remember these PRO TIPS TO SCORING A HOTEL UPGRADE!
What I’m Making:
• A good holiday soiree starts with this ULTIMATE CRUDITE PLATTER.
• Because you were a responsible adult and ate your veggies, now you can splurge on this indulgent BEER CHEESE SOUP.
What I’m Buying:
• If you’re looking for a knit top that will keep you warm, but is still dressy enough to wear to those holiday parties, I FOUND IT FOR YOU. Those sleeves are amazing.
Have a great weekend! See you right back here on Monday.