It feels like the moment Halloween makes it’s ghoulish appearance, we’re onto Thanksgiving menu prep, followed by the Christmas/Hannukah rush and before you know it, we’re ringing in the New Year with champagne and ‘Old Lang Syne.’ It really is amazing. As a child, I can imagine it’s all very fresh and exciting, but as an adult, man, it is a lot!
A lot of stress, a lot of planning, a lot of cooking, a lot of shopping, and a lot of fun. This year, I’m choosing to focus more on the fun part and hope everything else falls into place. My kids are growing up and I think these are going to be some of the last few years of true holiday season magic. Hopefully, we’ll create memories that we’ll remember and laugh about for years to come… so time, please slow down!
This week’s link love is an ode to everything food, home and entertaining — basically everything you need to tackle the weeks ahead.
Let’s get to it…
What I’m Reading:
• With all of the festive get-togethers coming up, it’s about time you showed off your sweet moves! Get into the groove with these 15 SONGS WITH SIGNATURE DANCE MOVES (+ HOW TO DO THEM).
• EMMY ROSSUM’s NYC APARTMENT is all of the dream interior design goals…
• Get your table Thanksgiving ready after you take a look at these 100 THANKSGIVING TABLE DECOR IDEAS — which is interactive and can be sorted by style or color!
• Once the table is set, put on your hostess hat (and apron!) and read these 11 HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING TIPS FROM CELEBRITY PARTY PLANNERS.
What I’m Making:
• A good Thanksgiving menu is all about the side dishes. Here are 25 THANKSGIVING SIDE DISHES YOU CAN MAKE AHEAD!
• I’ll be honest, pumpkin pie is not my favorite, but I will make an exception for this CHEESECAKE MARBLED PUMKIN SLAB PIE. (P.S. — It’s super easy and serves a large crowd!)
What I’m Buying:
• With all of this eating and drinking, there has to be some sweating to keep it all balanced. I started a new running routine this summer, but now with the weather turning colder it requires a bit more planning and gear before I hit the pavement. Fortunately, fashion and science have come a long way since the days of the oversized cotton Champion sweat suit. Here are just a few of the cold weather workout finds that I have my eye on!
· This JACKET is both technical and stylish — best of all, it will keep you warm at the start of your run but has enough ventilation to allow your body to breathe! It’s also super cute for “running” around town – i.e. getting coffee.
· These HYPERWARM LEGGINGS come in an awesome ombre style that I’d love to wear even when I’m not outside!
· The zippered pockets on this TOP are practical perfection! I love the navy colorblock style.
· Obviously, you run much faster when you have new SNEAKERS… or so I like to tell myself.
Have a great weekend!