While the month of December is supposedly one of the most stressful and difficult months for many people, there really is something special about this last 30 days of the calendar year. There is so much energy and excitement (especially for those of us with small children!), as well as introspection about the previous 11 months, our accomplishments, personal growth and goals. People seem to be just a little kinder, which hey, I’m totally down with! Oh, and the holiday cocktails are free flowing… which might be why people are kinder?! I hate to sound cliche, but it’s just magical.
This week’s Friday Link Love is everything holiday to get you in the proper December spirit. So grab a coffee, or aforementioned holiday cocktail and keep reading…
What I’m Reading:
• For those of you on top of your holiday decorating game (#overachievers), these ADVENT ORNAMENT DIYS are so easy and fun!
• You need to try some of these 29 DOWNLOADS to make your holidays just a little bit merrier.
• If you’ve been hesitant to try out over-the-knee boots, take a look at these 5 CREATIVE WAYS TO STYLE THE TREND!
What I’m Making:
• Leftover cranberry sauce makes the most delicious GREEK YOGURT COFFEE CAKE! Yum.
What I’m Buying:
• A lot. I am buying a lot. In all seriousness, I have been steadily checking people off my gift list and much of my progress can be attributed to:
2) All of the SALES!!! If you missed Cyber Monday, don’t worry — many retailers have extended their Cyber Monday deals through the weekend. GET. ON. IT.
Here are some of the items that I’m currently eyeing (a.k.a. retail stalking):
· Adore this SILKY FLORAL KEYHOLE DRESS — ideal for transitioning from office to holiday party!
· These OVER-THE-KNEE BOOTS are a great addition to any fashionista’s wardrobe — they’re a perfect heel height, REAL leather and currently 40% OFF.
· My little girl is definitely getting THESE ORNAMENTS stuffed in her stocking! Shhhhhhhh!
· Here’s a really affordable option to the STRAIGHT HEM RAW HEM DENIM trend!
· Who doesn’t need a pair of PINK SNEAKERS in their life!?