Can you believe we’re finally in the last stretch of 2016?!
The year was definitely one full of highs and lows, with some surprising twists in between. The best part? In matter of days, we get to put it all behind us and start fresh. Whatever your goals may be (I hate the concept of “resolutions”), you get 365 days to make things happen. Things don’t necessarily work out the way they’re supposed to, but honestly, that’s the best part.
For this year-end edition of Friday Link Love, I’ve put together a few of my favorite internet reads and finds that wrap up this year and prepare us for the next. Make sure to read closely — perhaps your 2017 goal(s) can be found below!
What I’m Reading:
• If one of your goals in 2017 is to read more, this writer took the time to compile a master BEST BOOK LIST OF 2016, after surveying 36 various “Best Book” lists. Essentially, the best of the best!
• Looking to give your home a makeover? Before you start any demo, take a look at these TOP 5 DECO MATERIALS FOR 2017 and get inspired.
• Paint is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to add equity to your home — and just make things prettier. Make sure to keep this HOW TO PAINT ANYTHING GUIDE handy before you tackle your next project.
• In case you’re wondering, here are THE STYLE TRENDS NO ONE IS WEARING ANYMORE. Easy come, easy go, right?!
What I’m Making:
• While my rockin’ New Year’s Eve plans involve a 5 and 8 year old and an early ball-drop, I now have big recipe plans for NEW YEAR’S DAY BRUNCH!
• Once my indulgent brunch is wrapped up, I’m ready to detox my holiday nutritional sins away with some of these 35 HEALTHY RECIPES FOR THE NEW YEAR. You had me at Cauliflower Al Pastor Tacos and Fudgy Avocado Brownies… yum.
What I’m Buying:
• Honestly, one of my favorite parts of the holidays is the AFTER holiday sales!! NORDSTROM’S HALF YEARLY SALE is definitely one to hit up this weekend for all of those things Santa may have overlooked this year.
· I love the easy drape of this TWIST FRONT WOVEN SHIRT. I also love the 4 color choices and under $30 price tag.
· This STRUCTURED LEATHER SATCHEL won my heart once I saw the removable cross-body strap.
· I’m always on the hunt for an easy dress that I can dress up to wear out, or style more casually for weekday wear. This PLUM TIE NECK DRESS is it (under $50!). The sheer detailing is to die for.
· A MILITARY INSPIRED COAT like this, would make me hate the Winter just a little less.
· I’ve posted about THIS DRESS before, but now it’s 60% off! Get it while you can — you’ll be wearing it all season long.
Wishing you and your families a very happy, healthy and stylish 2017!
See you on the other side.