While I’m definitely looking forward to sleeping in a bit and getting off this computer for a few days, I have a whole lot to be thankful for this week.
First, my IT band injury seems to be 95% resolved — HOORAY!!! The combo of hot yoga, anti-inflammatories (God bless you, Aleve) and cutting back on my high-impact cardio seemed to do the trick. You have no idea how ecstatic I am… well, actually NOW you do.
Also, I am especially thankful for all of you.
My calendar has really never been so full. Between personal stylings, E-styling, full-closet overhauls, outfit shoots and a list of upcoming partnerships and brand collaborations, I don’t think I’ve ever been busier. In a good way, of course. Sometimes, I need to take a step back to really get the full picture of how far I’ve come and how lucky I am to be able to do something I am so passionate about.
Ok, I think I’ve maxed out my sappiness quota for a while.
On to this week’s Friday Link Love round up!
What I’m Reading:
• While fashion can be often seen as fun and frivolous, this woman’s PERSONAL ESSAY really highlights the important role personal style + fashion can play in life.
• Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here is an OMBRÉ HEART DIY MANICURE for you to try out!
• This TOTAL BODY YOGA STRENGTH HOME WORKOUT is pretty much identical to the flow I just completed in my last yoga class… but free.
• Since we’ve been all about luxury travel over here (have you read my ICELAND + TULUM travel guides yet?), I figured why not throw in a little something about the quintessentially French, HÔTEL PROVIDENCE PARIS? The moody decor is to die for.
What I’m Making:
• Add a poached or fried egg, some crusty bread and turn this recipe for PANCETTA BAKED BEANS WITH BASIL PESTO into a quick and hearty weeknight meal!
• Three of my favorite things are combined into one easy recipe: tacos, Korean beef and a slow cooker. You must make these SLOW COOKER KOREAN TACOS!
What I’m Buying:
• Back in the day (circa 2004), my friends and I used to brave the elements outside of an unmarked building in Chelsea in hopes of getting inside the infamous Barney’s Warehouse Sale. That bi-annual event, where all of the seasonal, designer-fashion excess got deeply discounted was THE place to be. It was also the location of more than a few Hunger Game-eqsque battles, or more accurately, a fight for that Valentino, star-embellished, tulle dress marked down from $1250 to $179.
By the time you emerged back into the outside world, you were sweaty, disheveled and exhausted — but if you were lucky, you walked out with more than one shopping bag of amazing sale finds.
Fortunately, a lot has changed since 2004 and you can now shop BARNEY’S WAREHOUSE year round — from the comfort of your home! The online site is currently running an END OF SEASON SALE — which offers an additional 75% off clearance merchandise. They are also offering 25% off select women’s, men’s + kid’s merchandise — the FRESH START SALE!
Here are just a few of my favorite finds:
- This black MARNI CREPE RUFFLED DRESS is a classic and perfect for spring.
- I love this COTTON KNIT sweater — a great piece to throw on with denim cut-offs before watching the sunset on your next beach vacation.
- Make sure you pack these METALLIC GLADIATOR SANDALS, as well!
- You’ll die when you see how discounted this ISABEL MARANT CROCHET DRESS is.
- If you’re still in winter mode, no worries — this WOOL-CASHMERE CARDIGAN and TURTLENECK are waiting for you.
- I have this JEROME DREYFUSS BAG in black, and I can’t rave enough about it! It holds everything while not appearing too bulky and it looks fabulous after over a year of serious wear and tear.
Have a great weekend!