Overall, the best way to categorize this week was weird and unexpected. From an unexpected snow day on Monday, to an unexpected bout of sinusitis and a whole lot of political drama and turmoil, it’s definitely been a go-with-the-flow kind of last few days. My reward? A quick 36-hour kid-free getaway with my husband. You’ll just have to follow along on INSTAGRAM + TWITTER to see where we’re up to!
If you’re in need of a mental break as much as I am, why not start with these Friday Link Love best reads of the week?
What I’m Reading:
• While I may never look like a Victoria’s Secret model in a bikini, my hair can look VS Angel-worthy with this EASY VICTORIA’S SECRET WAVES TUTORIAL.
• Flu season is probably the best time of year to chat about FAMILY FRIENDLY FABRICS. Here’s what you need to know to ensure that your family home decor stands up to the ultimate challenge: kids!
• If those expensive eyelash serums that could potentially discolor your eye scare you like they scare me, I’ve found some ALL-NATURAL DIY EYELASH SERUMS to give you the long, full lash look you crave — without the chemicals.
• No matter your political affiliation, these days it seems we could all use a laugh when it comes to current affairs. This survey of WHAT EACH STATE GOOGLED MORE FREQUENTLY THAN ANY OTHER STATE SINCE THE ELECTION was absolutely hysterical and kind of enlightening.
What I’m Making:
• Did you know, that I have a weakness for Buffalo wings!? They’re one of my many guilty pleasures. Good thing they don’t have to be so guilt-inducing anymore with this BAKED BUFFALO WING RECIPE — perfect for Superbowl Sunday!
• Keeping with the healthier Superbowl snack theme, here’s a LIGHTENED UP VERSION OF 7-LAYER DIP!
What I’m Buying:
• It’s a new fashion season, and the folks at Who What Wear have released another collection for their ongoing COLLABORATION WITH TARGET! I love these pieces, both for their aesthetic as well as their really budget-friendly price points. Here are a few standout styles that you NEED for the Spring!
· This BLOCK HEEL ANKLE WRAP SANDAL comes in 3 colors and is the perfect marriage of comfort and style — all for under $35!
· Whether for work or for a weekend night out, this A-LINE LACE UP SKIRT is flattering on so many body types!
· If you still haven’t jumped aboard the bomber jacker trend train, a POLKA DOT BOMBER is a great spring-ready addition to your wardrobe!
· Wear it over this FLORAL SLIP DRESS for the ultimate in pattern mixing.
· Who knew TRACK PANTS could be so elegant!?
Have a great weekend, y’all!
Definitely make sure to stop back here on Monday for the scoop on my weekend adventure and the final installment of the THD 2017 Wanderlust Travel Series (don’t forget to check out my guides to TULUM + ICELAND)!