I’m pleased to report that aside from the fact that we are mere hours away from the weekend, the sinus infection from hell that has plagued me for 2 weeks has finally been reigned in. All it took was 2 trips to the doctor, a dose of antibiotics, a dose of steroids, daily anti-inflammatories, a humidifier and about 1,000 tissues. Man, I don’t get sick that often, but when I do — I go down HARD. This is precisely the time of year when the stress of frigid, dry weather, and close indoor quarters start to take their toll.
My point?! Take care of yourselves, people and WASH YOUR HANDS!
Now, onto happier, healthier thoughts — this week’s assortment of Friday Link Love reads!
What I’m Reading:
• Did you ever have a really, really good idea?! THESE PEOPLE did too.
• I’ve been recently more drawn to interior design and lusting over anything light, bright and monochromatic. THIS APARTMENT checks each of those boxes!
• Apparently, makeup primer is something we should all be using. THIS REVIEW will break down the best primers on the market for us makeup novices.
• This GIANT OMBRE BALLON HEART BACKDROP is so pretty and such an easy (and CHEAP!) way to step up your party decor whether for Valentine’s Day, birthday, or just a fun girls night in.
What I’m Making:
• Now, this is my kind of weeknight cooking: EASY 5-INGREDIENT RECIPES FOR BUSY PEOPLE!
• Those recipes will leave you more time to make this absolutely delicious HONEY CAKE WITH WHIPPED MARSCAPONE + FIGS.
What I’m Buying:
• I think I’m finally ready to start thinking about spring shopping… have you started!?
SHOPBOP had some fun spring/resort pieces hiding stealthy amongst their pages of sale merchandise. I’ve uncovered some fashion finds that would be perfect for spring break, or once Mother Nature decides to thaw us out!
· A soft, drapey LEATHER JACKET (under $200!) is the ideal outerwear layer for those cool spring days.
· This edgy, OFF-THE-SHOULDER TOP is less expensive than your weekly Starbucks habit.
· Here’s a DRESS that will definitely stand out in a spring crowd!
· We could all use a crisp, white button down for spring. THIS ONE has an unexpected surprise in the back!
Have a great weekend.