This is a slightly short week for me as the kids are home from school today (and Monday) for President’s Day weekend. For now, the house is clean and quiet, kids are still asleep and I’m plugging away, trying to get through my regular work load before all chaos breaks loose!
I would say the hardest part of working from home is that even though the rest of the household may be on vacation, it’s still a regular working day for you. Basically, if you let it, EVERY DAY can be a working day. Finding a good balance where the work still gets done, but family time is not sacrificed or ignored is definitely a challenge. Ever so often, I crave a bit of my old corporate office life back to take the guesswork out of it all. I catch myself and quickly remember the downsides of my old career. I may not always be the wisest, but at least I’m now old enough to know that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side, although it may be better paid — errr… watered?
Just something I think about…
Now, without further delay, let’s kick this President’s Weekend off with this week’s edition of Friday Link Love!
What I’m Reading:
• According to science THIS is the best way to burn calories without doing cardio. File this under the “Who knew?!” category.
• Just as I’m rounding the final stretch in my lob-growing out process, I go and see this ROCK + ROLL TOUSLED BOB hair style. So cute, right!?
• I can think of so many fun DIY projects to do with this EASY MARBLE PAINT KIT.
• Next time a tension headache strikes, put down the bottle of Aleve and try THIS.
What I’m Making:
• After a brief flirtation with the disgustingly bad for you, but oh-so-good patty melt and onion ring combo (did you see my INSTAGRAM + Instastory!?), I’m back on the healthier eating wagon. First on the menu, a return to delicious (and advance prepped) POWER LUNCH BOWLS.
• If you’re as SPIRALIZER obsessed as I am, you’ll definitely want to try this SPICY VIETNAMESE MEATBALL + SWEET POTATO NOODLE BOWL, too.
What I’m Buying:
• Hello, President’s Day Sales! I think one of the best is over at NEIMAN MARCUS LAST CALL. You can get an EXTRA 30-60% off everything online.
· This ELIE TAHARI SHORT SLEEVE LACE DRESS is the prettiest plum color!
· How fun is this FRINGE TRIM SWEATER!? I’m obsessed with the color combination!
· Obviously, you’ll need this LEATHER BACKPACK for your travel adventures.
Enjoy your weekend!
See you back here on Monday.