One day, I wake up and it’s close to 70 degrees, birds are chirping and tulips are starting to poke through the ground. Today, I wake up and there is 2+ inches of snow on the ground with a high of 29 degrees. Last week, I thought I packed away all of cold weather gear and accessories for good — I guess I should have known better! Good thing I’m obsessed with my DANNER BOOTS — at least I have another opportunity to break them out.
Bi-polar weather aside, this has been a pretty good week that was the perfect balance of work and personal life. Those don’t happen very often, so I’m relishing in it. My parents are also flying in today for the weekend and a low-key birthday celebration for the baby of the family, who is no longer a baby — she’s 6! GAAaaahh!! How does that happen so quickly!?
Since I have some intense birthday gift wrapping to attend to (there’s nothing like a little last minute hustle!) — here are this week’s Friday Link Love links.
There’s a lot there to love, if I do say so myself!
What I’m Reading:
• Travel is not quite the pleasure it once was. Here are 5 EASY TIPS TO GET YOU TO YOUR DESTINATION STRESS FREE. (P.S. – A glass of wine helps, too!)
• Starting to notice a few new lines creeping in? Here’s something you can do today that has been proven to NATURALLY PREVENT AND TREAT WRINKLES — no needles required.
• Got 10 minutes? Then you’re well on your way to a TONED BUTT + ABS with this easy (free) workout.
What I’m Making:
• I’m always on the hunt for good side dishes and this recipe for SMASHED GRILLED SWEET POTATOES WITH CHIMICHURRI does not disappoint.
• Sheet pan meals are God’s gift to the busy/lazy household. Try this MEDITERRANEAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS for a quick, healthy take on your favorite Greek flavors.
What I’m Buying:
• Have you tried celebrity hair stylist, KRISTIN ESS’ NEW HAIR LINE at TARGET? The affordable new range of haircare products been getting rave reviews and the packaging is something you’d actually want to display in your bathroom.
• BIG news in my family — my baby brother is getting married in New Orleans February 2018! We’re all very excited for the happy couple and CAN. NOT. WAIT. Even though I have plenty of time, I’ve started to keep my eyes open for lightweight and floaty cocktail/party dresses for the rehearsal dinner + reception ideal for the warm weather and party atmosphere of NOLA.
Here are a few that have made my list:
· The embroidery detail on this NEEDLE & THREAD DRESS is just beyond…
· I love the cut and fun, off-the-shoulder style of this SELF PORTRAIT one…
· For a casual rehearsal dinner I could totally see myself in this simple, yet feminine CINQ A SEPT FLORAL BELTED DRESS! It’s currently an extra 20% off the already discounted price.
· How about a LACE JUMPSUIT!?
· How gorgeous is the cut/color of this CARVEN FLUTED MINI DRESS?!
· If Princess Kate were to attend this wedding, I think she’d totally wear THIS. So elegant.
· I’m intrigued by this HALSTON HERITAGE MIDI DRESS — isn’t the color dreamy!? I’d belt it with a black grosgrain ribbon to give the dress some more personality!
Which dress is your favorite!? I’m open to votes!