While yesterday, I woke up to a brisk 19º F, today it’s supposed to hit 70° F. Nothing like Spring in Cleveland! I say that with sarcasm and an eye roll. Speaking of eye rolls — that pretty much the only part of my upper body I can move without pain this morning. I woke up to a muscle strain/spasm in my upper back/right shoulder and I literally can’t move. Getting dressed and trying to tame my hair was an epic fail. I’ve already popped some Aleve and I’m hoping the muscles relax enough for me to get through my day, crazy hair and all.
Getting old stinks.
To take my mind off the searing pain and discomfort, I’ve put together a great roundup of internet reads to share with you. So let’s get to it! This week’s edition of Friday Link Love is right this way…
What I’m Reading:
• I would happily swap my traditional flat screen TV for this new FLAT SCREEN THAT MASQUERADES AS ART!
• With the warmer temperatures finally making an appearance, I’m all about the outdoors. (Not for camping, or hiking, or anything too strenuous — more for lounging, eating and drinking!) Here are 11 GORGEOUS OUTDOOR SPACES TO INSPIRE you this spring!
• Apparently, FACE SHAVING (for women) is a ‘thing’… I’m not entirely sold, but I’m definitely intrigued.
• There are a ton of gorgeous custom closets out there for us to drool over, but not all of us have the space or the financial resources to spend thousands on our closet. Here is a great roundup of 15 SIMPLE TIPS FOR A LUXE CLOSET that won’t break the bank!
What I’m Making:
• This is my go to “I don’t know what to make for dinner and don’t want to spend hours cooking” meal — 3-INGREDIENT BROWN SUGAR + MUSTARD GLAZED SALMON. It’s a cinch to make and absolutely delicious!
• Serve this FARRO SALAD on the side, or as its own light and healthy meal!
What I’m Buying:
• Right now I could buy everything from the TARGET HOME DEPARTMENT — it’s SO GOOD! Just check out NATE BURKUS’ SPRING 2017 COLLECTION and you’ll agree. Psssst — that FRAMED ART PRINT (actually, it’s 3 art prints) in the photo above is from TARGET, too!
• I’m going to tell you a little secret: If you’re on the hunt for the perfect swimsuit, check out TJ MAXX online! They have such a huge collection of swimwear and it’s all so affordable! Best of all, you can try on your purchases in the privacy of your own home and return all of the rejects back to the store to save yourself the hassle of shipping.
Here are a few of the suits that have caught my eye:
· I love the print and cut of this HALTER ONE-PIECE.
· This STRIPED CROP TOP BIKINI is adorable and retails for at least 4x the price!
· If you have a hard time finding a swimsuit because “your cups runneth over” — this D-CUP BATHING SUIT is for YOU!
· This pretty LAVENDER SET also comes in a D-Cup option.
· Keep it all under wraps with a stylish coverup — THIS ONE has cute pom-pom trim!