Is this lake-effect weather situation some sort of cruel and unusual punishment? I woke up to gusty (gale-force) winds, freezing temperatures and snow, people. YES, SNOW. On April 7th. Coincidentally, the forecast calls for sunshine and 70 degree weather in less than 48 hours. Um, ok… that’s 100% weird but I’ll go with it.
Spring Break cannot come fast enough.
Nothing better than a good Friday Link Love distraction to keep yourself in a happy place! Just read on for all of my favorite reads of the week and some good shopping finds, too.
What I’m Reading:
• Take a break from all of the politics, violence and global stress with this adorable video of an ORANGUTAN NURSERY SCHOOL! Baby monkeys — what’s better than that!?
• This DENVER TUDOR RENOVATION goes to show that you don’t need a huge house to have a gorgeous space.
• Spring Break is only a few days away for many of us! It’s not too late to get those last minute BUTT LIFT EXERCISES in — or if you’re in the CLE area, just go see my talented friend, barre-instructor extraordinaire and torture enthusiast Colleen, at THE BARRE CO.
• Is it just me, or do you feel like you’re constantly cleaning your kitchen? Save yourself some time and frustration and follow this GUIDE TO KEEPING YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN IN ONLY 20 MINUTES A DAY.
What I’m Making:
• I’ve made this SOUTHWEST COBB SALAD WITH CILANTRO RANCH DRESSING before and it’s good/hearty enough to eat as its own meal!
• Here’s another THD approved recipe — I love this GREEK YOGURT LEMON LOAF! It’s so delicious, no one will ever know there’s anything healthy about it.
What I’m Buying:
• With the spring season underway (although based on our snow situation, you’d never know!) I’d like to present to you the five FOREVER 21 spring collection pieces no one will ever think came from FOREVER 21!
· This OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET is a modern new take on a classic — wear it over your favorite t-shirt dress for an easy, breezy warm weather style.
· One-piece swimwear is continuing to gain popularity and I guarantee no one will believe THIS SWIMSUIT is under $15!
· This RUFFLED TOP is ready to party! Pack it along for Spring Break or save it for Cinco de Mayo fun.
· Since we’re talking about fun tops, you need to check out this TEXTURED OFF THE SHOULDER TOP! It’s the prettiest color!
· I’m totally enamored by this STRIPED SHIRT DRESS. I love the stripes (obviously) as well as the unusual asymmetric cut and drape! Wear it on its own or over your favorite skinny jeans for a unique layered take on the style.
Have a great weekend!