The first few days back after an extended vacation are always the hardest. It feels like you’re doing things for the first time and that routine you had in place for MONTHS?!?! Yeah, forget about that. You’re starting from scratch, babe. At least I did. That 5:30 am alarm has been painful!
While all of this clearly sucks (to be blunt), the good news is that it’s Friday and we have an entire weekend ahead of us. I’ve got a few outfit shoots, some soccer games and a few family birthday celebrations to attend to. Maybe, just maybe I’ll finally get around to putting away those clean and folded vacation clothes. I know, my life is just full of crazy and spontaneous fun.
To help get the fun juices flowing why wait until Happy Hour?! Start with these Friday Link Love reads, instead.
What I’m Reading:
• Since we’re on the topic of “fun juice” — here’s a NYC COCKTAIL GUIDE for your next trip to the Big Apple.
• I’ve started incorporating more retinol based products into my skincare regimen. If you want clear and wrinkle free skin, here’s WHY RETINOL SHOULD BE IN YOUR REGIMEN, too.
• I’ve been recently drawn to the idea of WHITE WALLS WITH DARK MOLDING. Sounds a bit weird, but I guarantee you’ll change your opinion after you see this transformation.
What I’m Making:
• It’s hard to find Crockpot meals that suit my lightened up warm weather cravings. These CROCKPOT GREEK CHICKEN GYROS fit the bill and would be great for a group!
• Make sure you serve this STRAWBERRY LEMONADE ICEBOX PIE for dessert… and save me a slice!
What I’m Buying:
• The warm weather bug has definitely bitten me, because all I can think about lately are cute, architectural straw/natural fiber bags! I’ve been wearing my CULT GAIA ARK BAG non-stop and definitely want to add to my collection — starting with these:
· Isn’t this CIRCLE STRAW BAG the cutest!?
· This modern KAYU STRAW HANDBAG design is so sharp.
· Nothing like a classic hip-hop reference to spice up and otherwise ladylike STRAW TOTE!
· This CLARE V. ALICE MAISON TOTE should be immediately filled with flowers and baguettes and taken for a stroll along the Seine.
· Hot pink + white details make this STRAW MINI BAG the perfect finishing touch for your next summer party!
Have a great weekend + see you back here bright and early on Monday!