Clearly, before the festivities begin I need to get my “Friday-is-finally here” second wind. Last night, I took my daughter for a girls night out with another fabulous mother-daughter duo. We treated the little ones to a girls dinner (and some wine for the moms!) followed by a performance of the 2017 Dance National Champion, Magnificat High School dance team. Needless to say, we were all inspired and pooped by the end of the night. My daughter loves to dance and has been taking dance lessons since she was 3. It was so nice to show her how hard work and commitment pay off, especially when you love what you do.
…and that concludes my adulting/being a parent portion of this week’s Friday Link Love! Now, onto the good stuff.
What I’m Reading:
• Remember home economics!? It’s a dying art. If you never took the class in school, here are the 9 THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE LEARNED IN HOME ECONOMICS that just might come in handy.
• Hip, hip, hooray for patio season! If yours is looking a little worse for wear, no worries. Stylist, Emily Henderson to the rescue with her Hamptons-inspired PATIO MAKEOVER ON A BUDGET!
• ATTENTION!!! Critical information ahead. I repeat, ATTENTION!!! Here’s everything you need to know about NOT SCREWING UP YOUR EYE LINER!
• Spring cleaning season continues with the 25 THINGS TO GET RID OF WHEN YOU ARE BORED AT HOME.
What I’m Making:
• I’m totally drooling over these ONE SKILLET CHICKEN TINGA ENCHILADAS — they look amazing! Perfect for tonight’s Cinco De Mayo celebration. Less time prepping, cooking and cleaning pots means more time for margaritas!
• Did someone say, margaritas?! I’m definitely making these SKINNY JALAPEÑO WATERMELON MARGARITAS. Not only are they delicious, but they’re under 200 calories.
What I’m Buying:
• Gosh, I think I’m all over the place lately will all of the things that I’ve brought home! While I live for all Fall and Winter knits, shopping for Spring/Summer 2017 has been especially fun because there are so many great pieces and accessories that don’t break the bank. You can really build up a wardrobe with just a few dollars.
· I wore this Victoria Beckham for Target GINGHAM TOP last night with skinny jeans and my BLACK LEATHER MOTO JACKET and it was the cutest (and only $21)! I bought a size S, but this top runs large (it has a flattering, swingy, A-line cut!) and I probably could have used an XS.
· Speaking of TARGET, I also scooped up a few pieces from the latest WHO WHAT WEAR collection. I got this RUFFLE WRAP SKIRT (size 2) and this PLAID OFF THE SHOULDER TOP (size XS). Oh, and you know what?! I also picked up THESE EARRINGS in pink!
Have a great weekend!