I blinked and here we are at Friday. Don’cha just love when that happens?
Now, hopefully time will come to a screeching halt so I can actually relax and enjoy the weekend. If things go according to plan we may just be able to set up our patio and perhaps finally get our little vegetable garden underway. For the past 4 years, we’ve grown assorted fruits, vegetables and herbs in a tiny corner of our backyard. We’ve battled late-May frost, hungry deer, rabbits and even a hedgehog — at least I think that’s what it was!? At this point, we’re hardened gardeners — ain’t nobody fcking with my snap peas, btch! All of the effort is definitely worth it when the “harvest” finally comes in. Really, is there anything better than a homegrown, heirloom tomato?! Yum.
Well, now that I’m totally hungry and craving a tomato caprese salad, let’s get to this week’s Friday Link Love picks!
What I’m Reading:
• I really loved reading this piece about THOUGHTS ON AGING. I think it puts into words exactly how I feel about rounding the bases towards 40.
• Got a fun summer getaway or day at the beach planned? Make sure to read up on this handy 1-DAY DEBLOAT DIET.
• This is the definitive BEST TIME TO BOOK A FLIGHT according to science.
• I came across the coolest Kickstarter campaign for a product called the GRAVITY BLANKET. It apparently manipulates your hormone levels with weighted pressure to help you fall asleep. Consider this the adult version of a baby swaddle, or just a warm, squishy hug!
What I’m Making:
• One of my FAVORITE SALADS of all time… that is all.
• I made these STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS last weekend and they were a big hit (see image above). They’d make a nice addition to your Mother’s Day brunch, too!
What I’m Buying:
• I’m definitely buying all of the LEVI’s jeans — especially when they’re on SALE! Actually, I only bought 3 pairs — THESE, THESE + THESE. Take an additional 30% off, when you spend over $150 with code: GETAWAY30. To be honest, I’m a little bummed I missed this OVERSIZED DENIM JACKET during my shopping spree…
• I’m sort of in love with this TIERED MAXI dress. Can you believe it’s only $56? I’d wear it with this STRAW HAT and these ESPADRILLE SNEAKERS as I sip my summer rosé… in theory. In practice, I’d probably wear it running around to Target and to pick up my dry cleaning.