I keep reminding myself that I have 2 more weeks. Only 2 more weeks to plow through until my kids wrap up the school year, my client appointments start to ease up and the last of my event styling wraps up for the season. Usually, when I have this much going on I toss and turn at night and can’t seem to settle my mind enough to get any sleep. This time, my body and brain are so physically exhausted I literally collapse into bed at the end of the day and don’t wake up (or even roll over!) until my alarm goes off in the morning.
By the way, you need to set all of your alarms to the iPhone “chimes” setting. It’s the softest, most non-jarring alarm sound that I’ve found. I consider this a small life victory.
Now that we got that all out of the way, let’s get down to important business — Friday Link Love!
What I’m Reading:
• Since my work days have been so packed, I haven’t been able to hit up as many of my regular fitness classes. Instead, I’ve been squeezing in a few of these BARRE BASED BOOTY BURNERS at home!
• Aside from tasting fantastic, did you know that CINNAMON IS VIRTUALLY A SUPERFOOD?! Break out those cinnamon buns… just kidding. Kind of.
• My Emily Henderson design crush rages on. You must check out her design magic on this GORGEOUS OUTDOOR SPACE. Best of all, everything is from TARGET and much is currently only sale up to 30% OFF, with an additional 10% OFF using promo code: PATIO!
• As my hair gets longer, I’ve been experimenting with braids in lieu of messy buns and ponytails. Here’s a really good DUTCH BRAID TUTORIAL — my go-to, spin class ‘do!
What I’m Making:
• One of my favorite local Mexican restaurants (BOMBA TACOS + RUM) has the most delicious spicy cauliflower tacos on their menu. While not an exact match, these ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACOS WITH CILANTRO PESTO are equally as yummy.
• This MANGO BLACK BEAN + AVOCADO QUINOA SALAD would make a delicious side dish!
What I’m Buying:
• I’ve just discovered a new (to me) brand that I’ve quickly fallen in love with called FAITHFULL THE BRAND. One of my biggest pet peeves about summer styles, is that they tend to cater more to the 25 yo and under set, rather than women my age. It’s hard to find pieces that interpret current trends in a tasteful and more moderate way that DON’T cost a fortune. FAITHFULL strikes a good balance between trendy and functional and the price tag is equally as appealing.
Here are a few pieces that get my stylist stamp of approval:
· The print and fun colors of this AMALFI DRESS are what I want to wear ALL SUMMER LONG.
· This STRIPED COTTON ROMPER looks so comfy — and best of all, not too short!
· How gorgeous is the color of this MIDI DRESS?
· Here’s an OFF-THE-SHOULDER MAXI DRESS that’s just as perfect in Majorca as it would be for your next backyard BBQ.
· Give your favorite denim cut-offs a much deserved break and slip into THESE instead.
Enjoy your weekend, folks!