My Friday has not quite started off on the right foot, so I’m resetting and attempting a do-over. To make a long story short, I was trying to help the kids get ready for school and absolutely no one was listening to me. Pretty infuriating, I know. I was “this close” to throwing out the classic parenting line — “Do you know how much I do for you!?” and instead decided to walk away from the situation.
Eventually, everyone got their sh*t together, but it left me with a bad taste — if you know what I mean. Rather than stew in my frustration, I am making the decision to stop overanalyzing (What could I have done differently? Am I a bad parent? Why don’t my kids respect me?!) and let it go. In the grand scheme of parenting, I’m usually a moderately decent parent (like, 80% of the time) and they’re usually really good kids… and in this case, it’s OK to be good enough.
Good thing I have a 3-day weekend and this week’s Friday Link Love to quickly distract me from all of this mayhem!
What I’m Reading:
• Fingerprints be GONE! Here’s the EASIEST WAY TO CLEAN STAINLESS STEEL.
• Before you head out to get that spray tan, you might want to read up on HOW TO MAKE THE FAUX GOLDEN GLOW LAST!
• I’m a big believer in the power of vitamins and supplements. Here’s a handy VITAMIN + SUPPLEMENT CHEAT SHEET to keep all of your Vitamin As, Bs + Cs straight!
What I’m Making:
• Quick dinners that can be thrown together last minute, are sort of my jam. Here are 10 SPEEDY SKILLET DINNERS to get dinner on the table on your busiest nights.
• When I come across a good side dish I get really excited (Clearly, I’m very easily excited). A crowd pleasing side is like a diamond in the recipe rough! Here’s a great recipe for SPINACH + ORZO SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE that’s sure to become a summer favorite.
What I’m Buying:
• Hello, 3-day holiday weekend! More importantly — hello, holiday weekend sales!
NORDSTROM’S HALF-YEARLY SALE is on through June 4th, and there are still plenty of sale deals (up to 40% off) to be had! Here are a few of my top sale finds to get you started:
· These SANCTUARY SERGENT CROP STRAIGHT LEG PANTS are a great alternative to jeans this summer! I wear mine constantly — FYI: they’re cut slightly large to slouch on the hips.
· I think this CHELSEA28 TIERED DRESS is so delicate and pretty!
· The raw-edged ruffle on this ROBERT RODRIGUEZ ASYMMETRICAL SKIRT is the perfect touch of undone fun to an otherwise conservative piece.
· These PRADA OVERSIZED BOW FLATS are simply gorgeous (in navy AND grey!) — they’re also 40% off!
· I love this ALICE + OLIVIA HALTER OFF-THE-SHOULDER TOP — fun, flirty and goes with everything!
As America observes Memorial Day, let’s remember to pay homage to those who gave their lives and those who continue to serve in the name of our nation. We owe our freedom to those brave men and women and the sacrifices they make.
Have a safe + happy holiday weekend!