Welcome to the first Friday Link Love of June 2017!
It’s been a pretty gorgeous week in Cleveland — albeit busy. I’m finally wrapping up the last of my spring styling clients and finishing up my last major brand collaboration this weekend — more of that to come next week! I’m ready to kick back a little and enjoy the sunshine.
Oh, speaking of kicking back — here’s a quick story before we dive into this week’s links.
If you’ve ever had summer cocktails with me, you know I’m a big fan of a glass of chilled rosé. My go-to bottle for the past 3 years has been CHATEAU MIRAVAL — it’s really crisp, not sweet at all and pleasantly floral. The perfect summer bottle of wine that runs about $24. Yesterday, I decided to treat myself to a glass while I fed the kids dinner at Whole Foods and the bartender made a comment about production of the wine possibly ending. When I asked why, he told me that Chateau Miraval was Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie’s French Estate and their winery. Who knew!? Well, their marriage may have been a bust, but they do make some pretty fantastic wine.
Now, onto this week’s Friday Link Love!
What I’m Reading:
• Just like jewelry, mixing metals in home decor may involve a little know-how, but if done right, the end result is spectacular. Here’s a great GUIDE TO MIXING METAL FINISHES that will get you started!
• SELECTING A SOFA is perhaps one of the most important decisions you’ll make as a homeowner. Don’t screw it up!
• For our next couple’s trip, I’ve been considering taking a trip out west — LA + Palm Springs. Coincidentally, I came across this 72-HR LA TRAVEL GUIDE & Grace’s PALM SPRINGS TRAVEL GUIDE within the past 48 hrs. Now, it’s all I can think about!
• I really LOVE this MINIMAL BRIDAL MAKEUP TUTORIAL just for a special occasion or a night out.
What I’m Making:
• No doubt this ONE SKILLET SUN DRIED TOMATO + CHICKEN GNOCCHI dish will be on my table this summer. Best of all, you should already have most of these ingredients in your fridge/pantry!
• I’m hosting a brunch in less than 2 weeks and considering including these individual STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE WITH GREEK YOGURT + MINT in my menu… don’t they look beautiful?
What I’m Buying:
• The quickest way to give your fashion stand-bys an easy update is with accessories. Lately, I’ve found myself wishing I had a few more special “forever” pieces to incorporate into my style mix. Here are some of the things on my list:
Have a great weekend!