My kids wrapped up school this week and I gotta tell you, as a parent I literally crawled over the finish line. That last push at the very end was rough. I felt like their uniforms looked — tired and ratchet. But hey, that’s in the past. Now we look ahead to summer travel, assorted camps and morning wake ups when it actually looks like morning vs. dead of night. It’s a happy day in Cleveland.
Now, let’s get to this week’s edition of Friday Link Love — it’s a goodie.
What I’m Reading:
• I know schools out for summer, but I can’t tell you how excited I was to see this article BREAKING DOWN THE STOCK MARKET IN TERMS ANYONE CAN UNDERSTAND. After 12 years in the financial industry, I still find it hard to explain what I used to do to anyone who didn’t work at an Investment Bank.
• It’s summer wedding season — time to get those updos on point! Here’s an easy DIY TRIPLE BRAIDED UPDO that anyone with longer hair can tackle.
• I adore this KITCHEN + DINING ROOM MAKEOVER. What makes it even more special is that it was done on a budget.
What I’m Making:
have a feeling know this ONE PAN CHILI LIME CHICKEN + RICE is going to be a crowd pleaser.
• Although this ROASTED PINEAPPLE + WHIPPED RICOTTA TOAST is easy as can be, it just sounds special… and tastes ridiculously good.
What I’m Buying:
• Have you guys shopped REVOLVE before? It’s one of those online retailers that just suck you into their fashion wormhole. While many of the styles sold skew a little younger (at least for me), I really like REVOLVE for their broad selection of brands (at every price point) and their summer inventory. Their SALES are pretty epic too!
Here are just a few of my most recent finds sitting pretty in my shopping cart:
· A FLORAL WRAP MAXI DRESS is definitely on my “do” list for the season. The slit on this one makes it special — and hot!
· For a slightly more formal occasion, this TUXEDO-INSPIRED MAXI DRESS is what I want to wear — especially when it’s only $90!
· I found the most flattering black ONE-PIECE SWIMSUIT that will make you want to ditch all of your bikinis! I love the low scoop back.
· Make sure to pack this PALM PRINT DRESS before heading to the beach! It’s easy, breezy and super cute.
Have a great weekend!