This week has been a scorcher! The highlight of my week was the official start of summer camp — a.k.a a parent’s summer savior. I drop them off in the morning and at the end of the day I get happy, sweaty and exhausted kids. Just the way I like them. They’re also wild, ravenous beasts. I can’t keep up with their appetites! They literally eat non-stop between the hours of 4:30-8pm and don’t even think about making them wait even a minute. You might lose an appendage. Ah, to be young again with a burning metabolism. Must be nice!
Now, for the good stuff! Let’s get to this week’s edition of Friday Link Love!
What I’m Reading:
• Get your drawers in tip-top shape with these 10 HACKS THAT WILL REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR STORAGE!
• This totally reminds me of what could be the plot line of an old Seinfeld episode: HOW TO SPLIT A CHECK WITH A BAD CHECK SPLITTER.
• People always complain about how dark and gloomy a Tudor style-home can be. This LIGHT + AIRY TENNESSEE TUDOR will quickly change that opinion! When can I move in?
• THE ORDINARY is by far the most buzzed about beauty brand in a long time. Think — a lot of science, with no fancy packaging or fuss, for a fraction of the cost of traditional skincare lines.
What I’m Making:
• Corn chowder is one of my favorite summer soups. This CHIPOTLE CORN CHOWDER takes the standard recipe up about 1000 notches!
• Got a birthday celebration coming up?! You MUST make this BANANA CAKE WITH SALTED CARAMEL FROSTING and make sure to save me a slice. K?! Thanks.
What I’m Buying:
• After a rather long J.CREW hiatus, I’m clearly buying all of the J.CREW things lately. The retailer is offering an EXTRA 40% OFF their sale inventory (and 50% OFF final sale!) and I didn’t hold back. I’ll share with you some of the deals that I scooped up, along with some of the items I have sitting pretty in my shopping cart!
· Isn’t this MERINO KNIT TIERED TANK heavenly? I ordered it in the “heather breeze” (a.k.a light blue) color.
· For under $40, it was a no-brainer to buy this SHOULDER TIE SWIMSUIT in white!
· Add this to my “bummed-I-didn’t-see-this-sooner” list — how adorable are these OVERSIZED SUNGLASSES!? They’re also UNDER $40!
Until we meet again… on Monday.