As expected, the first week back to post-vacation reality is always a doozy. Between an endless game of work catchup and trying to get everyone back into their regular routines, I’m all tapped out. Needless to say, I’m very excited that the weekend is finally here. As it turns out, this weekend happens to be a pretty special one: I’m celebrating my 11 year wedding anniversary. Big shout out to Mr. Heart’s Delight! Another year bites the dust and I couldn’t be a luckier gal to have him by my side through it all. This is probably the only time in my life you’ll see me use #blessed non-ironically! Cliché, but 100% the truth.
So, that’s the latest and greatest…
Now, onto this week’s latest and greatest Friday Link Love reads!
What I’m Reading:
• If your idea of heaven is a well-organized closet, drawer, or pantry, you NEED TO SEE THIS!
• Furniture shopping just got a whole lot easier (and less expensive) — skip the trip to the store and CHECK OUT THESE CHIC FURNITURE FINDS AT COSTCO instead.
• Unfortunately, those annoying zits can still wreak havoc long after puberty is done. Save yourself some sanity and frustration and use this handy GUIDE TO TREATING ANY KIND OF BLEMISH.
• Washboard abs are just 5-minutes away according to this celebrity trainer! Check out their easy ab routine HERE.
What I’m Making:
• On those hot summer nights you just don’t want to turn on the stove (a.k.a. every day this week), try this SLOW COOKER CASHEW CHICKEN instead.
• You can reward yourself for your culinary prowess by whipping up a batch of these GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHUNK BLONDIES!
What I’m Buying:
• Good news, guys! The NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE finally opens to the public TODAY. Did you catch my TOP PICKS + TIPS FOR SHOPPING THE SALE? They’re some solid sale finds — and most happen to still be in stock. NORDSTROM did a big restock overnight and here are some additional pieces I think you should consider:
· These VINCE CAMUTO PUMPS look like the designer Celine’s that all the fashionistas have been sporting — except at a fraction of the price. I’m having a hard time picking only 1 color!
· I’ve been eyeing this ADIDAS TREFOIL HOODIE for a while… I love the orange/red shade.
· Wear this HALOGEN SHIFT DRESS now, or layer over a think knit turtleneck later… it’s a dress for all seasons.
· In a matter of weeks, you’re going to be so glad you purchased THIS SCARF.
· A cozy CASHMERE WRAP is the ideal fall layering staple or year round travel piece.
Enjoy your summer weekend!