Have you ever had one of those weird limbo weeks where you’re waiting on so many pieces and things to fall into place? Yeah, that would best describe the past 7 days. Between work life and family life, there’s been a lot of risk taking and pushing into unknown territory which is both exciting and extremely uncomfortable for me at the same time. As things sort themselves out (which they always do!) I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about it. In the meantime, I’m just trying to tackle one piece at a time and not get overwhelmed. Hey, I’m a Libra. I like my balance.
I also like some entertaining internet reads, which I’ve got right this way! This Friday Link Love is a good one — make sure to check it out.
What I’m Reading:
• I unfortunately know a few people that have experienced the tragic death of a loved one. However challenging or difficult it may be, here are the BEST THINGS TO SAY TO SOMEONE IN GRIEF.
• Have you ever been to Croatia? After taking a peek at this ISTRIA CROATIA TRAVEL GUIDE you’ll want to book your ticket ASAP!
• This SLEEK CONTEMPORARY BATHROOM has already been bookmarked for my future reference.
• Are you an emotional eater? Here’s HOW TO BREAK THE EMOTIONAL EATING HABIT. (Someone please give Shannon Beador from RHOC the memo!)
What I’m Making:
• The less dishes/pots I have to clean, the better, so I was psyched to find this Jamie Oliver recipe for ONE POT ROAST CHICKEN.
• Who said popsicles were just for the kids?! I’m keeping these PEACH ROSÉ POPSICLES all for myself!
What I’m Buying:
• J.CREW FACTORY is offering an additional 30% off clearance items with CODE: EXTRA. If that’s not a reason to #treatyoself, not quite sure what is.
Here are just a few of my favorite sale finds:
· How pretty is that bold red (J.Crew calls it ‘fiery sunset’) LINEN COTTON TUNIC?
· Here’s a pair of gorgeous SUEDE SANDALS to give all of your summer outfits a bit of polish. They’ll also give you a sneaky little lift with their tiny wedge!
· I’m generally not a big shorts person, but I adore these PAISLEY PRINTED SHORTS. The color combo is gorgeous — yes, even for a neutral lover like me!
· Menswear inspired striped shirts have been a big hit on the fashion scene. This STRIPED TIE-WAIST SHIRT is just the right blend of masculine and feminine to win me over! Wear it with WHITE JEANS this upcoming Labor day holiday.
Lastly, I wanted to share a recent article I was featured in on the website, FASHIONABLY CLEVELAND. Cool, right? Fashionably Cleveland is dedicated to shining a light on the vibrant style of the Northeast Ohio community. In it, you can read a little bit more about The Heart’s Delight and a few words of style wisdom from yours truly. I hope you check it out!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!