With only a few weeks left of school free summer, I’ve been thinking about how I want to spend these last glorious no-lunch packing, no homework monitoring, no school sports/activities shuttling days. As much as the kids and I have been spending a lot of time together and occasionally grating on each other’s last nerve — more specifically, they’re grating on mine! — I am going to miss this low-key time together. I think about how many more summers I’ll have left before my 8 yo little guy doesn’t want to hold my hand anymore, or if I’m under-appreciating those small moments when my daughter finally declares domination over the playground monkey bars. To be honest, all of this sappy stuff might be the result of monthly hormones. Just in case it’s not, the next 2 1/2 weeks I’ve decided to attack our summer fun bucket list with a vengeance. Which means I actually need to create one… So moms, local NE Ohio/Cleveland residents and all-around creative people — please help a sista’ out!
What’s on YOUR summer bucket list?
Perhaps find all the inspiration you need in these Friday Link Love reads below.
What I’m Reading:
• With the summer season wrapping up, there is no better time than the present to get organized. Check out the BEST CREATIVE ORGANIZATION HACKS collected on Reddit — and start getting your sh*t together!
• MAC lipstick has had a cult following for quite some time. With so many colors to choose from, you’ll find this GUIDE TO THE BEST MAC LIP COLORS a lifesaver!
• We’ve been talking about making a trip to Disney with the kids in the next year or so. These TIPS TO NAVIGATING DISNEY WORLD WITH 2 SMALL KIDS could not have come at a better time!
• When you’re done traveling with the family, you
might definitely need a vacation of your own. POSITANO HERE I COME!
What I’m Making:
• After my NYC/New England getaway earlier this summer, I’ve been craving fresh seafood non-stop. No doubt I’ll be making these SPICY LOBSTER ROLLS to get my fix!
• Is there really a more perfect end-of-summer dessert than these DARK + STORMY POPSICLES!?
What I’m Buying:
• If you’re in the market for denim, I like EXPRESS for some of the more trendy cuts and washes. Take advantage of the BOGO for $9.90 offer and stock up on some new favorites! I love these HIGH WAISTED RAW HEM CROPS — they’re a super dark wash perfect for fall.
• J.CREW is keeping it real with an extra 50% off SALE merchandise! You may be done with summer shopping, but use this promotion to stock up on some of their ACTIVEWEAR! I’ve got my eye on this adorable PALM PRINT SPORTS BRA and NAVY STRIPED CAPRI LEGGINGS.
• One of my favorite home decor go-tos, SERENA & LILY is hosting it’s annual SUMMER TENT SALE. Get up to 75% off luxury bedding, accessories and furniture. I’m considering adding a few of these STRIPED BASKETS as a storage solution for my daughter’s growing Littlest Pet Shop collection! Meanwhile, this GINGHAM JUTE RUG is cute and affordable pick for a boy’s room!
Have an awesome weekend!