Between the North Korean nuclear threat, the racial tensions/violence in our own country and the terror attack in Barcelona, I’m hesitant to turn on the TV with my kids in the room. I feel as though I say this more and more in the last few years: What is WRONG with people!? I had to have a conversation with my 8 year old earlier this week about kindness and how important it was to be kind to others. I emphasized that his one small act of kindness can entirely change the course of a person’s day. Now imagine if the adults in the world followed the same guideline I gave my 8 year old. I’m not saying the world’s problems would be solved, but man, what an impact that could make.
Now, with all of the heavy stuff out of the way, how about a light distraction in the form of this week’s Friday Link Love roundup!?
What I’m Reading:
• Are you ready for the solar eclipse? If not, here’s HOW TO SAFELY VIEW MONDAY’S RARE EVENT! Earth science/astronomy nerds, UNITE!
• If you’re looking for a fun (and free!) way to create your own personalized modern art masterpiece look no further: SIMPLIFY. THAT. SH*T.
• Here’s everything you need to know about TARGET’S NEW HOME BRAND: PROJECT 62.
• Speaking of home decor, lighting is key! Love that Cleveland-area based, HINKLEY LIGHTING is stepping up its design game and finally getting the respect it deserves.
What I’m Making:
• I think this CHILI LIME FRUIT SALAD is the perfect way to ring in summer’s end. A little bit spicy, a little bit sweet, it’s what you should be serving at your next patio brunch.
• With the end of summer also comes new beginnings — like the start of football season! Serve these easy + delicious CHICKEN PARM SLIDERS at your next tailgate party.
What I’m Buying:
• Ummm, did you know that ANN TAYLOR was offering 40% off EVERYTHING?! Use code: PSST to get your discount and dive right in! Here are some of my favorite sale finds that would work now and later into the fall season…
· Pointed toe? CHECK. Comfortable? CHECK. Look just like the Prada designer version but waaaaay less expensive? CHECK. You need these CAMRYN SUEDE BOW FLATS.
· Now, show off those cute shoes with these RAW HEM KICK CROP JEANS!
· Kick up your sweater collection and stay cozy this fall with a LANTERN SLEEVE SWEATER.
· Finish off all of your new looks with this great TASSEL CLUTCH! Many clutches are way to small and rigid for regular use, but this one is just the right size for all of your essentials!