I gotta be honest, I just haven’t been feeling it lately. Have you ever had one of those days/weeks/months? My creative brain is closed for business, I’ve been distracted, overwhelmed and uninspired. As a result, I feel as though I just haven’t been my best — at work, at home, etc.
Just going through the motions, you know?!
In all truthfulness, there’s been a lot going on and the constant stress, anxiety and responsibility have crushed my sleep, my appetite and my general disposition.
(Sorry to be quite vague, but I’ll be sharing more in a few days. Don’t worry, it’s all positive stuff!)
I feel like I’m constantly on razor’s edge, which trust me, is not a good place to be. I’m hoping this upcoming holiday weekend will take some of the “Ugghhhh!!!” out of my daily lexicon and bring me back to a more balanced place. Coincidentally, one of the few things that helps me escape all of the mental chaos is online browsing. I love to get lost in new news feeds, blogs and shopping sites. It’s pretty therapeutic (at least for me!) to peruse “NEW ARRIVALS” at my favorite stores. Even though I may not buy anything (at least I didn’t until this morning – whoops.), it’s a relaxing exercise to fill up my assorted virtual carts and think about fun things like fashion, accessories, food, travel and beauty.
So, on that note — let’s get to this week’s Friday Link Love!
What I’m Reading:
• In our caffeine obsessed culture (totally, guilty!), is this NEW STARBUCKS DRINK something you would dare to try?
• If you’re heartbroken over the Hurricane Harvey induced tragedy in Houston, here are 12 DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN HELP.
• Considered cruising, but not sure if it’s quite your vacation speed? Read THIS.
• Makeup is only as good as the tools and techniques used to apply it. Here are the 10 MAKEUP BRUSHES EVERY GIRL SHOULD OWN.
What I’m Making:
• Soups are some of my favorite fall weeknight meals. I’ll definitely be breaking out the slow cooker for this CREAMY CROCKPOT CAULIFLOWER SOUP.
• Pair your soup with a well-dressed fall salad, and this MAPLE MUSTARD SKILLET CHICKEN for a meal that will totally fool your guests into thinking you slaved all day in the kitchen.
What I’m Buying:
• I’m literally drooling over this CUYANA HANDBAG in black. It looks like a million bucks, but is so reasonably priced. Birthday fairy… hint, hint!
• H&M is coming in strong this fall with really unique and well-constructed standout pieces. Can you believe these LEATHER SLINGBACK FLATS are only $35!? These LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS are pretty sweet, too.
Have a fun + safe Labor Day holiday weekend!