If the Christmas decor wasn’t a good enough indication that we’re gearing up for the holidays, my holiday Starbucks cup this morning sealed the deal. Welcome to Holiday Season, folks — whether you like it or not! I don’t mean to sound like a Scrooge, but I’m always amazed how this retail season moves up earlier and earlier each year. I guess, I better start making my lists and checking them twice… and of course, share them with you!
In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy this week’s edition of Friday Link Love — Holiday theme free, of course!
What I’m Reading:
• If you’re the least bit crafty, you might have already considered one of the many money-saving Ikea furniture hacks out there. If you do go the hack route, make sure you read this PAINTING GUIDE FOR IKEA (OR ANY LAMINATE) FURNITURE first!
• I keep hearing about how good Tumeric is for your body and its amazing anti-inflammatory properties. If Xanax + Tumeric had an all natural, organic baby, it would be these CBD TUMERIC CAPSULES! Has anyone tried these yet?!
• Your 2018 COLOR PALETTE is right this way, and the theme is “soothing.” I like it. A lot.
• Annoying CORD CLUTTER, BE GONE! Now, why didn’t anyone think of this sooner?
What I’m Making:
• This CAJUN SHRIMP ALFREDO CASSEROLE is the kind of recipe I’m bookmarking for those nights I don’t think I have anything in my fridge and I’m too lazy to go to the grocery store.
• Who needs those plain ‘ole boring brownies, when you can have these POTATO CHIP CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES instead!
What I’m Buying:
• Hold those holiday shopping horses (reindeer?)!!! NORDSTROM RACK is overflowing with great finds both both you and all of those lucky folks on your gifting list. See what I’m buying/eyeing right this way…
· If you’re in the market for basic cashmere, have I got a find for you! Check out this SHIRTTAIL HEM CREWNECK SWEATER — it’s under $65! Or if you’re more of a cardigan kind of gal, try this CASHMERE DRAPE FRONT SWEATER — I love the dark grey charcoal heather color.
· You really can’t get any more flattering/slimming than these FRAME DENIM HIGH RISE FLARE JEANS in black.
· A WINTER WHITE SUEDE PUMP sounds a bit “out there” for cold weather months, but trust me, it works!! Those Brian Atwood shoes are a total STEAL.