Wow, did the past few days seem to zip right by. This week was a lot of juggling — renovation projects, styling + THD projects, kid-related commitments/activities… you get the gist. I’ve been putting a lot of stress on myself with this renovation and specifically, the financials of it. Not to sugar coat anything, watching all of your savings get transferred away with a swipe of a keystroke is scary, regardless of how much financial planning and research is done in advance. Knowing we’re only halfway in, with the biggest spending month of the year ahead (Happy Holidays!) had me all worked up – to say the least.
Then I read THE NIGHTINGALE and my perspective on my situation is completely reset.
Have you read this book yet? It’s a WWII historical fiction set in France. It follows the lives of two sisters as they struggle to survive through the war and occupation of France by the Nazis. It’s so beautifully written and so moving. It literally brings me to tears every time I pick it up and reminds me to be so thankful for everything I have. Sometimes, all you need is a reminder of just how good you have it to reset your perspective.
How perfectly appropriate before Thanksgiving, right?
So here I am, grateful that my family and children are safe, healthy and happy, grateful that I am afforded the luxury of doing something I love for a living and grateful for the opportunity to share it with you! Enjoy this week’s Friday Link Love roundup — it’s a good one.
What I’m Reading:
• As if you needed an excuse to get to bed early, here are 7 WAYS STAYING UP LATE IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!
• I’m beyond obsessed with the final reveal of this ONE ROOM CHALLENGE BEDROOM design. It’s simply gorgeous — and affordable!
• ‘Tis the season… for hiding your hangover! Here’s a great HUNGOVER-TO-HOT MAKEUP TUTORIAL to show you how.
• Here’s a great list of AUDIOBOOKS FOR YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY ROAD TRIP — or to drown out the disgusting cacophony of snoring by the guy next to you on the plane.. ugh!
What I’m Making:
• I’m drooling just thinking about these CARAMEL APPLE MAGIC BARS!
What I’m Buying:
(… besides rugs, faucets, vanity mirrors and lighting fixtures!)
• This LEATHER TOTE is the ideal minimalist addition to any woman’s wardrobe! It carries a ton and goes with everything, while still looking put together.
• I adore this unique OFF-THE-SHOULDER WRAP BLOUSE. It’s festive, but still has coverage to keep you covered and warm(er) on the coldest nights.
• You can never have too many CLASSIC PUMPS. Especially when they come in all of the fun colors and textures — I am in love with the black + white stripe!
• This layered WRAP DRESS is extremely flattering on most body types and the floaty fabric will make you look + feel absolutely ethereal.
Have a lovely weekend and start gearing up for the THD Holiday 2017 Gift Guide bonanza. I’ll be releasing a new stoppable guide each week between Thanksgiving and Christmas for everyone on your list – so make sure to drop in!