Winter is here.
Maybe not technically, but between the Christmas/Holiday frenzy, the assorted coughs, colds and flus going around and the layer of ice on my car this morning, it’s pretty much a done deal. I’ve been batting an annoying head cold since Sunday. Today is the first day I finally have my voice back. Try reprimanding your children when you can barely croak out an audible word! The kids practically laughed in my face, and I don’t blame them. Hopefully, the worst of the bug will pass by the end of the weekend and I can start my new week fresh and post-nasal dripless.
Hope you guys are all staying healthy! Here are a few of my favorite Friday Link Love reads and shopping finds to kick off this chilly first day of December:
What I’m Reading:
• Spend a little less time cleaning this month (and more time spreading cheer) with these 8 SIMPLE SECRETS FOR A DUST-FREE HOME.
• I love finding out about these under-the-radar DRUGSTORE MAKEUP DUPES! Ain’t nobody got time (or $) to pay $40 for a lipstick.
• How timely… here are 7 POST NASAL DRIP REMEDIES according to an immunologist.
• How many of these MOST SEARCHED HANDBAGS AND SHOES OF 2017 have made it into 1) your closet or 2) your wish list!?
What I’m Making:
• I’m definitely not done with pumpkin yet — especially when there’s PASTA AL FORNO WITH PUMPKIN + PANCETTA to make!
• Kick your cheese + charcuterie board up a notch with these ROASTED GRAPE + CHEVRE CROSTINI. Or just come over tonight… it’s on my Friday night menu!
What I’m Buying:
• I’ll be honest, I hate anything and everything associated with the Kardashians — including the Hadid girls by association, BUT I do absolutely LOVE the GIGI HADID FOR MAYBELLINE JETSETTER PALETTE! At only $29.99, it’s a full makeup kit that’s goof proof. If you’re light to medium skin toned (sadly, I don’t think it would work for anyone darker 🙁 ), and looking for an easy, well-rested glow this winter DEFINITELY check it out.
• These ANKLE BOOTS (currently ON SALE!) would be a great addition to your winter wardrobe. Wear them all dressed up with simple under $50 CREPE DRESS, or keep it more low key with a GREAT BLAZER and JEANS.
• Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you don’t need to protect your eyes from the sun’s harsh rays. Stick to classic sunglasses like these RAY BAN AVIATORS with the prettiest blue gradient lens.
Have a great weekend!