Best of 2017: 10 Most Worn Winter 2017 Style Staples

winter 2017 style staples

I know, I know… technically Winter 2017 just started a few weeks ago.

However, us lucky folks in Cleveland have gotten to experience Winter 2017’s frozen “kiss” for over a month now. It’s been generally cold, wet and grey since Thanksgiving with spring still a long ways away. Rather than dwell on the negative, I’m going to try to focus on the positive that is winter style. More specifically, Winter 2017 style staples that will fashionably carry us through the season.

When I was taking inventory of my closet for this post, I quickly realized that 90% of my picks were black, while the other 10% were various shades of neutral. I guess, if you know me this should come as no surprise. You can take the girl out of NY, but you can’t take the love of black out of the girl!

1. Leather Loafers

Leather loafers have clearly made an impression on me because this shoe was highlighted in my FALL 2016 STYLE STAPLE roundup, as well! In addition to my beloved GUCCI LEATHER LOAFERS, I’ve been wearing their far less expensive and equally comfortable DUPE! They’re under $100 and can give the more expensive style a run for its designer money.

2. Cashmere Knits

Every winter season I fall back on my cashmere knits. They’re never uncomfortable or scratchy, they’re less likely to pill and they’re warm and cozy without being overly stifling. If you’re looking to invest in cashmere staples, the post-holiday sales are probably your best bet for finding the best deals. Trust me, you’ll be wearing them for seasons to come.

3. Skinny Jeans

During the winter, I find that I wear my basic, dark wash skinny jeans more than any other pair in my wardrobe. Here’s why: It’s generally too cold for anything cuffed, cropped or overly distressed. I also prefer the look of a skinny, classic, dark wash with over-the-knee boots (see #7!) — rips and tears can be distracting and take away from the clean lines.

4. Crop Flares

All I have to say is READ THIS.

5. Loose-Fit Plaid

This Christmas, I ended up wearing my plaid shirt tucked into LEATHER PANTS with PUMPS and sparkly DROP EARRINGS. I then wore the same shirt (untucked) with skinny jeans and OTK boots to a Cavs basketball game a few days later. If you haven’t already, invest in a great neutral plaid that can be transformed from day-to-night with a switch of accessories.

6. Ruffled Mini

I purchased my IRO BLACK RUFFLED MINI on one of the hottest days of the NYC summer. Who knew it’d turn out to be one of my favorite Winter 2017 style MVPs? I love the look of the feminine skirt with an LACE-UP KNIT SWEATER and FLEECE-LINED TIGHTS (they’re a winter godsend!). It’s just as comfortable as any jeans outfit, but looks like a million-bucks.

7. OTK Boots

From heeled to flat, slouchy to second-skin, there are over-the-knee (OTK) boots for any woman and any occasion. My personal favorite are the STUART WEITZMAN LOWLAND + HIGHLAND styles — they seem to stay up the best and are undoubtably the most comfortable pair of boots I’ve ever owned. P.S. — OTK boots also keep you extra warm when it’s sub-zero outside!

8. Structured Clutch

Winter outfits can be a bit of a snooze fest — have you seen all of the black in my graphic above!? To keep from getting a case of the winter style blahs, pep up your cold weather wardrobe with some unique accessories. A structured clutch or shoulder bag in an unexpected pattern or color, makes even your most monochrome looks come alive.

9. Shearling Coat

After consistently wearing my ZARA FAUX SHEARLING coat, I can say definitively there is no outerwear lighter or warmer. Lucky for you, it’s now back in stock in ALL sizes. I now understand why people are willing to drop big bucks for the real thing.

10. Fur Pom Hat

You’ve all heard my fur pom hat TALE OF WOE. I’m happy to report that the story has a happy ending — I found the lost hat! It’s been practically glued to my head ever since. For whatever reason, the loose knit doesn’t flatten my hair and the fur pom detail adds a touch of feminine fun to my winter look. Winner, winner.

Have YOU discovered any winter 2017 style staples, yet?

Winter 2017 Style Staples


Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply