To my Easy Coast friends, I hope you’re staying safe and warm — that “Bomb Cyclone” is straight up ridiculous and scary. To my Cleveland friends — hang in there. Relief in the form of a double digit temperature day is only 48 more hours away. To everyone else — isn’t Winter absolutely glorious!?
Yeah, not really. I’m totally over it and it’s only mid-January.
So here are my Friday Link Love gems of the week — collected while huddled in multiple layers of sweaters and under assorted blankets. This morning, grab yourself a hot steaming cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa (pick your poison), and let’s get reading!
What I’m Reading:
• With all of the terrible news hitting the headlines lately, I was so happy to come across this heartwarming story! Did you guys read WHEN BREATH BECOMES AIR? It’s an amazing memoir by a young neurosurgeon dying of cancer which was published posthumously. I’m so happy to hear THIS TRAGIC STORY HAS A HAPPY ENDING.
• If one of your resolutions is learning more about your favorite beverage — wine, DUH! — here are 7 WAYS TO SOUND LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT WINE. That should get you started.
• Be frugal AND be good to your skin in 2018 with this $20 MOISTURIZER DUPE FOR A $500 FAVORITE.
• Get your closet organization on point using these ingenious FOLDING HACKS TO SAVE SPACE.
What I’m Making:
• The post-holiday detox has begun (I haven’t had a sip of alcohol since 12/31!) and this healthy and bright QUINOA SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE AVOCADO + ARUGULA is on tonight’s menu!
• Now, just so you don’t think I’m going all health nut on you… I’ll be making this QUICK + EASY PEACH COBBLER this weekend, too — it uses canned peaches!
What I’m Buying:
Honestly, I wish I were buying more! After living in temporary housing without my full closet for almost 3 months now, I’m so over my clothes. Unfortunately, as much as I’d like a shopping spree, I want a nice house more. In order to ease my shopping ban pain, I’ve been collecting ideas for later this winter/spring — here are some of the latest finds!
• I’ve never met a stripe I didn’t like. I LOVE this PUFF SLEEVE SWEATER.
• I’d wear it with these adorable PINK NEW BALANCE SNEAKERS for a comfy + cute weekend run around outfit.
• I’m still on the hunt for a dress for my brother + future sis-in-law’s rehearsal dinner next month. It’s a casual, fun affair and I’m thinking THIS DRESS would be a great fit!
• This iPHONE CASE makes me so happy! By the way, for all of you with current iPhones series 6 or higher, Apple is offering a $29 battery replacement (I believe it usually retails $75+). Make your Genius Bar appointment while you can since I believe this promotion is only temporary and appointments are filling up quickly!
Stay warm, friends! See you back here on Monday.