I haven’t exercised in 3 weeks. Not one bit.
Between the big move and my husband traveling out of the country for work, the last few weeks have been a hodge podge of scheduling to get us unpacked and settled and get my kids where they need to be. Clearly something had to give… and unfortunately that something was my workout regimen.
This week I made a commitment to carve out one hour a day for myself. To be honest it’s not something I was exactly looking forward to, but I knew I had to do it in order to feel better and be better. Needless to say, I made it through the spin class and I walked out feeling like a new person. Why am I telling you this? Well, take this with a grain of salt, but I find that the physical act of setting goals and meeting them give me a sense of accomplishment and confidence. I feel good, albeit sore. So, let’s take the weekend and create some awesome goals — no matter how big or small. We may just surprise ourselves with all of the awesome things we can accomplish.
As for now!? Get inspired with this week’s Friday Link Love round up!
What I’m Reading:
• Is your email inbox getting you down? Up your electronic correspondence game with these TIPS FOR EMAIL PRODUCTIVITY.
• There are all of these ridiculously beautiful makeup tutorials out there, but they all feature 20 year beautiful people with beautiful skin. Here’s a fresh take on the makeup tutorial, this time for mature skin: HOW TO LOOK YOUNGER WITH MAKEUP!
• Does anyone else get that same sense of satisfaction when they burn their candles down to the bottom? Before you trash that empty you must read about these 9 WAYS TO REUSE EMPTY CANDLE JARS!
• While a gallery wall is great and all, there really is nothing as simple and statement making as larger scale art. Here’s how to CREATE YOUR OWN OVERSIZED ART PRINTS ON A BUDGET!
• Finding the perfect rug is probably one of my LEAST favorite parts of decorating… Emily Henderson makes it easy with her AFFORDABLE RUG ROUNDUP. This is surely one to bookmark!
What I’m Making:
• TACO CRUNCHWRAP… it’s what’s for dinner. No, seriously. That’s what I’m making for dinner tonight.
• I’m a total sucker for a lemon cake (or anything lemon flavored, really!). I’ve bookmarked this MEYER LEMON CAKE WITH HONEYED RASPBERRY FROSTING for an upcoming birthday girl who loves her lemons and raspberries as much as I do.
What I’m Buying:
• I purchased THESE JEANS recently and I have to say, they are probably some of my most comfortable and best fitting pairs! Definitely a score. (p.s. they run true to size!)
• If you’re on the hunt for a warm, layering vest, this PATAGONIA VEST is cute, cozy and wind resistant. Oh, it also happens to be on sale.
• I’m not really a polka dot person, but I can’t help but fall in love with this WRAP RUFFLE BLOUSE. At under $50, it’s a great buy and would be super sweet for Valentine’s Day.
• Now is a great time to snag some quality cashmere for a steal. Start with this CASHMERE CREWNECK which comes in a rainbow of happy colors. Tuck it into this MIDI BUTTON FRONT SKIRT for a fresh spring look!
• A WOOL-BLEND COAT in a gorgeous camel color? Yes, please.
• Awwww, how appropriate is THIS SWEATER for the upcoming holiday… or any day this winter season.
Enjoy your weekend, folks. Stay warm!