Last night, I was just explaining to my sister-in-law that I was terribly conflicted about posting anything Fall ’17 related.
While a number of you are in my shoes with kids starting school again in less than 3 weeks, I know many readers who have later school starts, don’t have kids at all, or are soaking up every last bit of summer (a.k.a. turning a blind eye to any sign that summer might be coming to an end). Therefore, in order to appease all parties I’ll go easy on you and try to gradually ease into the Fall 2017 pool.
I promise — no shots of pumpkins, fall leaves and Hunter Boots until we’re well into September!
In the meantime, let’s talk about one of my favorite things: lunch. Specifically, packed lunch.
1) The button down has long been considered a wardrobe basic for any woman of any age. Here are 7 FRESH NEW WAYS TO WEAR IT! That’s practically like finding 7 new shirts in your closet without spending a dime, which is totally winning. (becauseimaddicated.com)
2) With back-to-school season in full swing and my kids’ first day back less than a week away (YIKES!) I obviously have school lunches on the brain. Here’s a SUPER-SIMPLE, PRACTICAL AND FUN WAY TO MAKE PACKING LUNCHES EASY. Yes, I said it: easy. Don’t worry, there is no ridiculous bento box or food origami involved. (stilettosanddiapers.com)
4) Now, put that new technique to good use when you make these ROASTED TOMATOES WITH GOAT CHEESE POLENTA! (P.S. — it’s a great way to make sure that none of those late-summer, veggie-garden tomatoes go uneaten!) (pinchofyum.com)
5) Here’s something to get excited about: the upcoming ADAM LIPPES x TARGET COLLABORATION! Get a sneak peak and make sure to bookmark all of your favorites — I have a good feeling that come September 27th all of the best pieces will go FAST. (refinery29.com)
6) In this age of personal technology, we’re all a little guilty of becoming overly dependent on our phones and devices. This list of WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON’T TAKE OUT MY PHONE RIGHT NOW made me laugh, then made me realize I relate to this list just a bit too much! (newyorker.com)
7) O.K., so I know we’ve spoken about the new creative force behind BANANA REPUBLIC — her name is Marissa Web, in case you’ve forgotten. Anyway, she’s totally killing it. Her latest FALL COLLECTION is all about basics reinvented and I sort of want it all… starting with this SHIRTDRESS (can you believe it’s non-iron!? Genius.), this BAG and this edgy TANK TOP. (bananarepublic.com)
Well, hello, hello! It’s been quite a while since we last caught up!
The past two weeks have been a total blur. Family, friends, beach, food and shopping… basically, all of my absolute favorite things squeezed into 14 days and topped with some much missed New York sass. If you’re not familiar with New York sass, it’s most certainly an acquired taste and best in small doses. Kind of like “everything” bagels and lox. Mmmmmmm.
Getting seated next to RHONY Countess LuAnn de Lesseps at a impromptu, post-SOUL CYCLE breakfast at THE STRAND and quite possibly grossing her out in my sweaty state. Money can’t buy you class, or a clean shirt in my case. It will buy you a very delicious breakfast, though.
Celebrating my dad’s birthday with close friends/family and a notable playlist of 1980’s greatest hits DJ’d by my brother. Ace of Base was played, dancing ensued.
Catching up with my besties — rehashing our glory days and embracing how far we’ve come.
“Working” poolside at the rooftop bar (JIMMY) of my hotel (THE JAMES) on one of the most gorgeous summer days.
Enjoying some mother-daughter quality time! No matter how old you are, every girl still needs her mom, sometimes.
Hope you all have a great weekend ahead. Get ready for lots of great ideas and style inspiration that I can’t wait to share!
I spend a lot of time on here talking about the kiddie set, but realized that I had never really done a post completely devoted to all things “child-centric.” Whether you’re a parent, a relative, or friend, we all have kids in our lives that are in the final stretch of the summer and gearing back up for school. I don’t know about you, but back-to-school shopping might have been my favorite time of year as a kid (#nosurprisethere). Each August I essentially got to reinvent myself, from head to toe and beyond. Never underestimate the importance of a good lunch bag accessory!
Here are my favorite back to school products and looks for the kids, and perhaps a few goodies for us old folks too!
Boy: 1 (such a cute time saver for busy mornings)/ 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 (I may want these for myself!) / 6 / 7
1 (currently on CLEARANCE for under $7!) / 2 / 3 (sold out online, but my local store still had a few in stock) / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 (currently on pre-order; get yours before they sell out… AGAIN)
2) In e-commerce news, H&M just launched their online store in the US! Bargain shoppers rejoice and avoid the terribly long lines and crowds! (hm.com)
3) It’s August… prepare for the Back-to-School retail floodgates to open. How adorable is this t-shirt? Better yet, it’s on SALE. Your little guy will definitely fit right in at the cool-kids table with this gem. (momastore.org)
4) Nothing better than a trick (or ten) up your sleeve when it comes to your beauty routine. Five top fashion editors divulge their best beauty secrets. (byrdie.com)
5) As the tail end of Gen X, I 100% agree that Gen Y could stand to learn a few things. Starting with this list. (forbes.com)