Can you believe it’s already mid-September!? My favorite month of the year is flying by way too quickly. In style-related news, NYFW wrapped up and it’s off to Paris for the next iteration of Fashion Week. Get ready for some Parisian inspired looks next week!
In house news, progress was made at the new Casa de Heart’s Delight — overhead utility lines were buried and the electrical upgrade is almost completed. The kitchen and bathrooms were designed and finishes selected. Today is the final design meeting with the contractor team and up next — walls will be coming down!! The thought of wide open spaces and good traffic flow makes me giddy with joy. I can’t wait to share photos and progress with you… because you know, if you don’t post it on social media/internet, it didn’t happen.
In the meantime, hopefully this week’s Friday Link Love reads will keep you occupied!
These last few weeks I’ve been working with many of my personal styling clients to put together customized Spring/Summer ’17 shopping lists.
(What can I say!? I have a fun job.)
If you’ve ever worked with me, you’ll generally find me recommending a style ratio of: 80% classic staples and 20% seasonal trends. While the trendy, bright spring summer pieces are super fun and can be relatively inexpensive, they’re fleeting and will be in a donation or consignment bag in a season or two. It’s those classic staples that stick around for the long haul.
3. Have you guys shopped at ALDI before? I’ve passed that grocery store on rare occasion and always wondered about what was inside. For those of you also curious, here are the TOP 10 ALDI FAVORITESfrom an experienced Aldi shopper. (alizadventures.blogspot.com)
4. I am mildly obsessed with this easy EYE-BALL POM POM GARLAND…If you’re looking for some cool Halloween decor, this DIY project is definitely for you! (designsponge.com)
5. Many of my styling clients have been introduced to one of my favorite under-the-radar brands and online retailers, EVERLANE. Based on their RECENT EXPANSION EFFORTS I’m not the only one smitten by their classic, well-constructed basics and ethical (and totally transparent) manufacturing process and pricing. (racked.com)
6. Anyone else into grain salad bowls lately? I made this BUTTERNUT SQUASH + TART CHERRY QUINOA salad yesterday to have on hand for a few quick lunches and it’s delicious. (loveandlemons.com)
7. Have you guys checked out the THAKOON FOR DesigNation collaboration over at KOHL’S? This limited edition collection is a London inspired layered mix of menswear and gamine inspired pieces. Basically, I love it all… but this CARDIGAN, these PONTE PANTS and this RUFFLE HEM BLOUSE are some of my favorites. Hurry, sizes are limited and going fast! Oh, and everything is already on sale AND you can get an additional 20% off with code: COLUMBUS20.
Wow. Talk about a quick week. Even better is that some of you have a 3-day holiday weekend ahead! I’ve got the usual fall antics in store: a visit from my parents, 2 kids birthday parties, a preschool soccer and pee-wee football game, a trip to the apple orchard and obviously, Sunday football…
I guess I’m busier than I thought!?
Oh, and if you’re in the Cleveland area on Saturday I’ll be styling up a storm at THE A LIST POPUP in Legacy Village all day Saturday, 10am-4pm! This pop-up cycle is a mix of casual contemporary designer separates and lots of great jewelry and accessories. Really, a one-stop-shop for everything fall wardrobe related.
You’ve already heard about my love for EVERLANE, but have you seen their newly released shoe collection? LOAFER PERFECTION. (everlane.com)
Sadly, Fashion Month has come to an official end… Browse these BEST OF PARIS STREET STYLE shots to keep you sartorially inspired until the next parade of style this winter. (fashionista.com)
You know how some people are boob people, leg people or butt people? I’m definitely a butt person. These 33 BEST BUTT SHAPING EXERCISES only fuel that fire. (popsugar.com)
With my foray into #PROJECT333, I thought that this roundup of the BEST TRANS-SEASONAL WARDROBE STAPLES was the perfect complement to building a successful seasonal capsule collection. (apairandasparediy.com)
Yes, it’s only October. Yes, I’m already thinking about Thanksgiving and the glorious food that comes with it. If you’re planning a smaller scale dinner and a whole bird is just way too much food, this recipe for STUFFED TURKEY BREASTS WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND FIGS is the perfect main course. (skinnytaste.com)
I’m always on the hunt for the perfect loose wave that holds. After watching this video, I may be ditching my 1-in flatiron and taking a stab at this slightly different curling technique using a 1 1/4-in curling iron. Ladies and gents, please welcome the TWIRL CURL. (maskcara.com)
Now that we’re all caught up, we can return to the things that make the weekend fabulous. Cheers, y’all.
Well, I’m back from a gorgeous weekend and what a better way to start the week than with some talk of a new clothing and accessory brand that I can’t seem to get out of my head (or virtual shopping cart). The company is called EVERLANE and they’re unique in that they cut out the middleman to bring you their products at a major savings when compared to similar quality brands. Did you know that the average t-shirt you purchase is marked up an average of 8x it’s manufacturing cost!? It kind of makes me throw up a little in my mouth and definitely think twice before I restock my favorite white tees. Since EVERLANE employs an online only, retail approach, they can bring their great designs straight from their factories to your door!
Now, let’s talk style. EVERLANE is the type of clothing that I picture Jennifer Aniston “throwing on” on a weekday morning before meeting up with Justin Theroux to discuss world politics over a vegan breakfast, green juice and chai tea. That’s very specific, but my point is that the clothes and accessories are all very simple, well tailored basics that when combined make a killer wardrobe that can convince your friends that you really DID “just wake up like this.” Soft crew neck sweaters that skim the body, silky blouses that can go from work to cocktails and the perfectly slouchy tees. You KNOW how serious I am about a good t-shirt. Definitely check out their totes too… they seem like they’d only get better with age. Rather than me continuously blabber on, why don’t you take a look for yourself.