1) Wedding season is now in full force and I think we all need a video like this to keep those brides/grooms/bridal parties from taking themselves too seriously. I’m fully enamoured with the rogue bridesmaid who refuses to go down with the bridal party ship! #yougogirl… Literally… GO! Get the H*** off that dock. (nymag.com)
2) Another Link Love, another amazing IKEA hack job. This one is probably one of my favorites and seems like a project even a novice like me can tackle successfully. How sweet would that dresser be in a little (or big) girl’s room?! (vintagerevivals.com)
3) If you’re all set with your indoor furniture and outdoor furnishings are what you’re after, check out these 10 sources for good, cheap outdoor furniture! (apartmenttherapy.com)
4) Yes, I will drop everything to sit and watch a re-run of Sex & The City for the gad-zillionth time. Yes, my early 20’s were shaped by the Sex & The City culture sweeping NY. Yes, I have eaten cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (honestly, they’re not that good). All that being said, I have no problems admitting that I have a love/hate relationship with the fictional Carrie Bradshaw. Apparently, there are 21 reasons why Carrie Bradshaw is actually really annoying. Feel free to add to this list. (buzzfeed.com)
5) Zara is one of those retail brands/establishments known for fast fashion- providing masses with a lower cost interpretation of high end runway styles. Coincidentally, this fast fashion is stylistically on point, cut well and available at a great price. No wonder Zara has become THE retailer where fashion insiders flock. (nytimes.com)
6) Summer grilling doesn’t have to mean gut busting burgers and hot dogs. Why not try out these delicious and light teriyaki shrimp burgers this weekend? Your bikini will thank you. (skinnytaste.com)
7) I purchased THIS DRESS on a whim thinking that between two summer weddings, wedding related parties/showers and an upcoming trip to NYC, I’ll definitely get some wear out of it. I love it- even more so now that it’s on sale (under $65)! The color in person is a little more lime and a little less lemon. A perfect match to the margarita I’ll most likely be drinking while wearing it. (ASOS.com)
So what are you guys up to this weekend? My kids are both officially on summer break and a few days without anything scheduled will be a nice change of pace. I’m hoping to get a headstart on some house cleaning, blog posting, and reorganizing. I know, exciting stuff. Don’t get too jealous.
See you back here on Monday!