When I launched this business, I wanted to create a place where I could go to share all of my favorite things and experiences.
There are some folks out there who find something good and like to keep it to themselves. That’s cool. I get it. However, by nature, I am a sharer. I love finding something special — whether it’s a great sale, a beauty product, a chic hotel, or yes, even a bra — and running out and telling everyone about it!
So here I am and here’s my latest and greatest find that I am literally wearing 24/7 — with a wash (or two) in between.
Russia is quite the mixed bag when it comes to fashion.
Between the whole unfortunate Soviet-Bloc, communist “thing” and assorted images of toothless Russian grandmothers in their babushkas, Russia doesn’t exactly have the best fashion reputation… or reputation as a whole, for that matter.
However, the fashion (and socio-economic) elite of the country are definitely working overtime to change these connotations of their vodka-swilling, borsht-eating, Mother Land.
An evening yoga class followed by a wine (sparking rosé cava is unexpectedly delish, by the way!) and pizza fueled girls night out was a nice way to set me up for the weekend. Some weeks conclude with me thinking about all of the imperfections and how I should’a, would’a, could’a handled things differently. This week was… different.
It’s nice to look forward instead of dwell on the past.
I should do that more. We ALL should do that more.
• Warmer weather also has me craving a good chilled cocktail (balance, right?). Cheers to this refreshing LIMONCELLO COLLINS! (foodandwine.com)
What I’m Buying:
• Ok, I went “wild” and impulse bought the NAILS, INC. PAINT CAN in Mayfair Lane — a spray paint for your nails. I don’t know if it was my terrible handiwork or just an unfortunately disappointing product, but it was the worst manicure I could have ever given myself — uneven, messy, chipped within 2 hours, etc. Anyone have any better luck?
• I took a quick peek at ASOS yesterday to find some fun summer dresses for upcoming events and trips. Now my shopping cart is officially bursting at the seams and I just can’t decide what I love best.
Ok, I’m a total self-admitted Francophile. I love to eat, wear, see, smell or hear anything French. I even posted about my love for the French HERE. So when a friend asked me to help create a Paris packing list for her upcoming June getaway with her husband, I obviously jumped on it. In addition to my French obsession, I’m the queen of packing. No, really. Don’t challenge me. I’ll take you down.
When putting this list together, there were a few factors I had to keep in mind:
1) Ideally, all of these clothes should fit in a carry-on. I don’t do checked bags.
2) I need to plan enough outfits for 5 days, including at least 1 day trip to Versailles and 1 dressy romantic dinner.
3) The clothes needed to be suitable for typical June weather in Paris: a mid-60’s avg high temperature, with cooler nights.
In these last few weeks I’ve been daydreaming a lot about travelling to Europe (Exhibit #1). First Florence… now PARIS!!! Totally a romantic cliche, I know. Although I’ve been to the city a few times, most of my time spent in Paris was for work related events which left me stuck in fluorescent lit conference rooms and running to appointments. Here and there, I caught glimpses of true Parisian life- a quaint cafe, a perfect croissant, the stunning tree lined streets. Unfortunately, these fleeting moments are just distant memories at this point. More importantly, I’ve never had an opportunity to truly take in the city vibe and culture and enjoy it in the company of my husband.
On my flight home this weekend, I came across a photo of Jessica Alba from New York Fashion Week in a full tulle midi skirt, a cozy little cropped sweater and heels. I’ve been fixated on recreating that look ever since- it totally encapsulates what I believe “Parisian Date Night” should look like.
I die over that blush and oxblood color combination- not to mention, the Chanel bag perfection. Add the items above to my list of daydreams. In my head, I’ll be wearing that ensemble as I stroll past the illuminated Louvre on a beautiful starlit fall night. A girl can dream, right?