Greetings and happy July 4th from sunny Long Beach, NY!
I hope you’re all enjoying some outdoor summer fun and toasting to the good ole’ U.S. of A!
While you’re doing your best to keep from burning (at least that’s MY current struggle!), I’ve got some of the best steals and deals you need to shop while the Independence Day savings are still hot… and in stock.
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend and are ready to rock (shop) + roll this morning! After a morning in transit and the frenzy of post-Thanksgiving travel, I’m finally home and ready to bring you the best steals + deals to make your holiday shopping a breeze.
I really don’t get involved in Black Friday, but Cyber Monday… now THAT’S a sale this online shopper can fully get behind. Most of the best deals of the year carry through the Black Friday weekend and even the first week of December, so don’t worry if you haven’t started making your list and checking it twice. Keep reading and I’ll give you the tools and tips you need to get the holiday shopping party started!
∗Shopbop — Save up to 25% with CODE: GOBIG15. And now through Nov. 30., spend $250+ and save 15%; spend $500+ and save 20%; and spend $1,000+ and save 25%.
*Neiman Marcus — up to 40% off regularly priced items in Select Better Apparel and 25% off in Kids at NeimanMarcus.com. Through Nov. 30.
∗Bloomingdale’s — Cyber Monday sale! 25% off select regular and sale items, plus free shipping on US orders; Nov. 30 only.
∗Nordstrom — On Cyber Monday, take up to 40% off on top women’s shoe brands! Plus, enjoy free shipping and free returns; valid through Dec. 1.
∗Intermix Online — 30% off all full-price purchases, or take an additional 50% off sale merchandise! Plus, enjoy free shopping.
*J.Crew — In stores & online: 40% off 507 styles for everyone & 30% off everything else. Plus, extra 40%–50% off sale styles. Use CODE: MONDAY.
∗Club Monaco — Get 25% off $150, 30% off $250, 35% off $400. Use CODE: THANKFUL; qualifying orders over $150 will automatically receive free Standard shipping.
∗Aritzia — Up to 50% off everything + free shipping! No code required.
∗Saks Fifth Avenue — Up to 40% off selected styles AND shop today & earn a Saks gift card;
Use CODE: NOV15 at Checkout to receive $35 Gift Card with your $250 purchase, $75 Gift Card with your $500 purchase, $150 Gift Card with your $1000 purchase, $450 Gift Card with your $2000 purchase, or $700 Gift Card with your $3000 purchase!
Now, some Cyber Monday shopping tips:
• Don’t be enticed by the deal — would you want/buy that item were it not on sale?
• If you’re looking for one stop shopping efficiency, nothing beats a large department store.
NORDSTROM and SAKS are my go-tos when purchasing for everyone on your list. From electronics, to accessories and obviously designer goods, you really can’t go wrong with either of those stores. Their generous shipping and return policies are also a good bet when gift giving. Although, while I guess it’s considered a boutique, INTERMIX also seems to have some blowout deals this year.
I’ve already turned a number of friends and family onto this online shopper’s secret. Once you’re a registered member of this program, it allows you to get cash back every time you shop online. Occasionally, you’ll get access to under-the-radar coupons and deals as well. There is really nothing to lose — you shop as you would normally and get a check sent to you once a quarter. You’ll be surprised at how quickly those dollars add up – I’ve earned over $300 back this year… I’ll leave it at that.
I feel like I’m pitching an infomercial – LOL! Seriously. Try it. Game changer.
What have been some of YOUR best Cyber Monday steals + deals today?
First off, I want to wish a Happy Veteran’s Day to all our military troops and personnel who have courageously served our country. We are the “Land of the Free“, BECAUSE you are brave…
“Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.”
— Abraham Lincoln
Now, to the fun stuff… the sales!
Veteran’s Day is one of those sale days that happens to fall within the ideal shopping timeframe. You know, when you’ve done the majority of your fall/winter updates, but realize there is still a piece or two that you could use? For those of you who are totally on point with your holiday shopping, this is also a great time to beat the crowds and get some great bargains to gift friends and loved ones.
I’ve compiled a selection of my favorite sale finds from just a few of my “go-to” retailers. When it comes to these types of sales, I try to apply the Veteran’s Day promotion on top of whatever current sale prices being offered. You’d be surprised how the savings add up and the amazing buys you can score for a fraction of their original price.
(clockwise from top left) Saks Fifth Avenue — 1// 2 // 3 // 4(These boots NEVER go on sale… seriously a great buy.) Nordstrom — 1// 2 // 3 Barneys New York Warehouse — 1 // 2// 3 // 4 Bloomingdale’s — 1 // 2 // 3
Here are all of the best discounts & code details for your sale shopping pleasure:
• GAP — through Nov. 19, earn $25 on every $50 you spend
• BARNEYS WAREHOUSE — through Nov. 12 take 40% off clearance, plus an extra 40% off sitewide.
• NORDSTROM — through Nov. 15, fall clearance is on sale, with up to 40% off.
• EXPRESS — through Nov. 11, buy one item, get one 50% off.
• BLOOMINGDALE’S — through Nov. 15, it’s the Friends + Family sale; take 25% off w/ code HOLIDAY.
• MACY’S — through Nov. 11, take 20% off the Veterans Day sale w/ code VETDAY.
• NEIMAN MARCUS — through Nov. 11, take $50 off a $200 or $100 off a $400 regulary priced purchase w/ code NOVSAVE.
• SAKS FIFTH AVENUE — through Nov. 11, receive up to $275 off your $250-$1,000+ purchase w/ code SAKS81.
For those of you with the day off, enjoy! Make sure to let me know all about your best retail sale scores!
While for many, Memorial Day is all about beach trips, festive parades, sleeping in that extra day and all of the sale shopping, I wanted to make sure that we recognized that this day was created so that we could remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and with that, acknowledge all the others who put themselves in harm’s way in service to our nation.
So enjoy the holiday weekend, hit up a few BBQs and take time to relax. But also take a moment to pause for those military men and women who sacrificed for us. It’s their day, and they earned it.
Don’t worry, you’ve earned something too… a lot of retail sale action! Memorial Day weekend sales might be some of the best of the year, so don’t let them pass you by without at least a little peek at the sales guide I put together for you below:
1. I found this recent NEW YORK TIMES OpEd on the ladies of the Upper East Side (lovingly referred to as the Glamorous Stay-At-Home-Moms) a really interesting look into the lives of the privileged and well-coiffed. Kind of like the Real Housewives of the Upper East Side, but in this case, actually real. (nytimes.com)
2. Trends in baby naming come and go, which is why I was so curious to find out what my name would be if I were born in 2015. For those curious, it’s Mila. Find out your 2015 name, HERE. (time.com)
3. Is anyone else sad to see Mad Men come to an end? Relive the highlights of the award winning drama series with these 69 MOST MEMORABLE SHOTS. How many can you recognize? (buzzfeed.com)
4. With summer just around the corner, that glass of your favorite Cabernet might not be as appealing as it once was. Here’s a fun SUMMER WINE GUIDE to help steer you in the right direction. Hypothetically of course… don’t drink and drive. (manrepeller.com)
5. What will go great with that delicate sparkling rosé you just picked up, is this BLUEBERRY LEMON CRESCENT RING. Hello, friend. (thegirlwhoateeverything.com)
6. In case you were wondering, you should wear this silky JUMPSUIT to that Memorial Day BBQ. It’s currently on sale 25% off… (jcrew.com)
7. Can you believe it’s been 27 years since the last female-led, Wall Street focused film was released? While Working Girl will always be one of my all-time favorites, I’m definitely excited to see what the new film (created by 2 women) entitled, EQUITY has in store. (bloomberg.com)
It feels like we’ve waited forever for this Memorial Day Weekend! Cheers to the freakin’ weekend.
We’re going to be staying local with our family so I’m hoping for some time spent outside (c’mon sun!) and an opportunity to get ahead on a little bit of work. How about you? Any Memorial Day shopping in your future? This weekend is one of the best for scoring some seasonal retail steals and I’ll be giving you all of the highlights on Monday– make sure to drop on by! In the meantime, I’ll leave you with these sale gems… hurry before they’re gone!
I’m so bummed I missed out on these SANDALS (30% off) in my size… They’re the perfect neutral and if you’re a size 5-7, you’re in luck!
I see this JUMPER making a special appearance at some upcoming graduation parties! It’s currently 60% off.
I’m always on board when it comes to an army-inspired ANORAK(currently an EXTRA 30% off), especially a sleeveless version that’s the perfect summer layering piece!
The embroidery and eyelets on this DRESS (40% off) make it look way more expensive than the price tag. It’s a cute little number for summer day drinking or nights out.
· THREADSENCE: 30% off site wide with code BLACK30. Starts Nov. 27th and ends Nov. 28th.
· TRINA TURK: Up to 60% off select items on Nov. 26th. 20% off any purchase on Nov. 27th and 28th. 30% off all full-priced outerwear and sweaters on Nov. 29th and 30th.
· TUCKERNUCK: 15% site wide with code LIKETNUCK15; 20% off orders $150+ with code REALLYLIKETNUCK20; 25% off orders $500+ with code LOVETNUCK25; 30% off orders (plus free gift wrap) $1000+ with code TNUCKOBSESSED30. Starts Nov. 28th & ends Dec. 2nd.
· WHISTLES: 30% off site wide. Starts Nov. 27th and ends Dec. 1st.
· WHITE + WARREN: 30% off site wide (excluding essentials) with code THANKFUL. Starts Nov. 25th and ends Dec. 1st.
· YOOX: 25% off site wide plus free shipping with code YOOXGIVING. Starts Nov. 26th and ends Dec. 1st.
· ZINKE: 40% off select items. Starts Nov. 24th and ends Dec. 2nd.
JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES:
· ARO: 20% off site wide with code AROGIVESTHANKS plus free shipping. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· BAUBLEBAR: 15% off two items, 25% off three items, and 35% off four items on Nov. 28th.
· DANNIJO: 30% off iPhone cases on Nov. 26th. 30% off all bracelets, cuffs, and rings on Nov. 27th. 30% off all handbags on Nov. 28th. 30% off all necklaces on Nov. 29th. 30% off all earrings on Nov. 30th.
· EDITORIALIST: Sign up for the mailing list and receive a one-time 40% discount to VIP Insiders.
· EF COLLECTION: 20% off site wide with code CYBER20EFC. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· EFFY JEWELRY: Extra 50% off all Final Call items with code BF50. Starts Nov 28th and ends Nov. 30th.
· FRENDS: Get a bundle pack of over-the-ear ‘Layla’ headphones and in-ear ‘Ella B’ ear buds for $100. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· JUSTFAB: 30% off jewelry. Starts Nov. 24th and end Dec. 3rd.
· LA MER: 30% off site wide. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Nov. 30th.
· LULU FROST: 25% off site wide (excluding custom CODE and sale items). Starts Nov. 27th and ends Dec. 1st.
· MAX & CHLOE: 25% off site wide and free shipping. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.