Have you fully emerged from your turkey-induced haze?
I just (happily) sent the kids out the door to see the movie, “Coco” and I’m finally able to collect myself and get back to post-Thanksgiving business! Family time is fantastic and so fun, but it’s also nice to have some peace and quiet without the constant bickering and chirping in the background. I’ve got a very low-key weekend ahead and just might even emerge out of my domestic hibernation to do a bit of in-store shopping! I know, crazy right!?
In the meantime, I’m catching up on all of the Friday Link Love worthy reads and obviously, some shopping finds, too! Hope you enjoy!
Just popping in for a quick hello and to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving holiday.
Even with the past year’s up-and-downs, we all have so much to be thankful for. In the chaos of the holiday, make sure to take a minute of your day to be mindful of all of your blessings, big and small.
(P.S. Make sure to stop on by tomorrow for a special Black Friday edition of Link Love. I have lots of great sales to share with y’all!)
Holy s*$%!!! Thanksgiving is only 2 more days away!
With all of the work, chaos and expense of the renovation, we really couldn’t justify the Thanksgiving trip to NYC this year. I’m definitely homesick and a little bummed. This is the first year in at least 6, that I’m not spending the holiday with my parents and immediate NY family. This is also the first year that I’m not quite as organized and/or prepared for the holiday.
Which ultimately means I have no clue what I’m wearing!
Wow, did the past few days seem to zip right by. This week was a lot of juggling — renovation projects, styling + THD projects, kid-related commitments/activities… you get the gist. I’ve been putting a lot of stress on myself with this renovation and specifically, the financials of it. Not to sugar coat anything, watching all of your savings get transferred away with a swipe of a keystroke is scary, regardless of how much financial planning and research is done in advance. Knowing we’re only halfway in, with the biggest spending month of the year ahead (Happy Holidays!) had me all worked up – to say the least.
Then I readTHE NIGHTINGALEand my perspective on my situation is completely reset.
Is it just me, or does time actually speed up between Oct 31st and Jan 1st?
It feels like the moment Halloween makes it’s ghoulish appearance, we’re onto Thanksgiving menu prep, followed by the Christmas/Hannukah rush and before you know it, we’re ringing in the New Year with champagne and ‘Old Lang Syne.’ It really is amazing. As a child, I can imagine it’s all very fresh and exciting, but as an adult, man, it is a lot!
I cannot believe Thanksgiving is less than 3 weeks away.
I may have told you this before, but Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday of the year. I love a day that can be spent in the comfort of your own home, eating food you love and spending time with those you love most.
No gifting obligations. No religious requirements. Just good food, good fun and good memories.
Wishing you the joy of good friends, the blessing of family and the wonder of the holiday season ahead!
I’m really looking forward to spending some down time with my family this weekend… most likely while wearing pants with elastic waistbands! But don’t worry, we’ll be back to regular scheduled programming on Monday with a roundup of all of the Cyber Monday sale details you need to know. In the meantime, if you need a quick style fix come join me over on INSTAGRAM + TWITTER!
· THREADSENCE: 30% off site wide with code BLACK30. Starts Nov. 27th and ends Nov. 28th.
· TRINA TURK: Up to 60% off select items on Nov. 26th. 20% off any purchase on Nov. 27th and 28th. 30% off all full-priced outerwear and sweaters on Nov. 29th and 30th.
· TUCKERNUCK: 15% site wide with code LIKETNUCK15; 20% off orders $150+ with code REALLYLIKETNUCK20; 25% off orders $500+ with code LOVETNUCK25; 30% off orders (plus free gift wrap) $1000+ with code TNUCKOBSESSED30. Starts Nov. 28th & ends Dec. 2nd.
· WHISTLES: 30% off site wide. Starts Nov. 27th and ends Dec. 1st.
· WHITE + WARREN: 30% off site wide (excluding essentials) with code THANKFUL. Starts Nov. 25th and ends Dec. 1st.
· YOOX: 25% off site wide plus free shipping with code YOOXGIVING. Starts Nov. 26th and ends Dec. 1st.
· ZINKE: 40% off select items. Starts Nov. 24th and ends Dec. 2nd.
JEWELRY AND ACCESSORIES:
· ARO: 20% off site wide with code AROGIVESTHANKS plus free shipping. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· BAUBLEBAR: 15% off two items, 25% off three items, and 35% off four items on Nov. 28th.
· DANNIJO: 30% off iPhone cases on Nov. 26th. 30% off all bracelets, cuffs, and rings on Nov. 27th. 30% off all handbags on Nov. 28th. 30% off all necklaces on Nov. 29th. 30% off all earrings on Nov. 30th.
· EDITORIALIST: Sign up for the mailing list and receive a one-time 40% discount to VIP Insiders.
· EF COLLECTION: 20% off site wide with code CYBER20EFC. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· EFFY JEWELRY: Extra 50% off all Final Call items with code BF50. Starts Nov 28th and ends Nov. 30th.
· FRENDS: Get a bundle pack of over-the-ear ‘Layla’ headphones and in-ear ‘Ella B’ ear buds for $100. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
· JUSTFAB: 30% off jewelry. Starts Nov. 24th and end Dec. 3rd.
· LA MER: 30% off site wide. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Nov. 30th.
· LULU FROST: 25% off site wide (excluding custom CODE and sale items). Starts Nov. 27th and ends Dec. 1st.
· MAX & CHLOE: 25% off site wide and free shipping. Starts Nov. 28th and ends Dec. 1st.
Like Mr. Bean getting down with his bad, poultry-eatin’ self, I too am beyond excited to spend this day with the people (and turkey) I love the most. Thank you for taking the time to read my random daily musings- lord knows there are at least 10 million other fashion and lifestyle sites you could be reading at any given moment. You choose to come here, and for that I am beyond grateful.
Wishing you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving holiday.